200.000 RDD giveaway in celebration of the new wallet dropping in 3 days!

Rules are, you can claim 5.000 RDD by posting and the giveaway will end when the wallet drops!

You are welcome to share the news of the new wallet (and the giveaway) on other platforms!

Kind Reddgards

Thanks for the offer :slight_smile:
I’m so excited about the 2.0 wallet

1 Like

erkan no problem :slight_smile: tip sent, excited as well!!

1 Like

Redd thank you

I am going through some old reddit threads where people asked about updates in the past, so those people might join in in the v2.0x upgrading

1 Like

erkan that’s a great idea!

I am very now to ReddCoin but cannot wait until this is released.

1 Like

EagleEye7777777 welcome! also looking very much forward to the release and what will follow :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been counting the days, but I have a few questions that weren’t spelled out in the Reddheads newsletter. Or maybe it was and I’m just not knowledgeable about the workings.

The new format is going to allow the implementation of some things currently in the works (Redd ID), will the coins themselves be the same? When I update, is it simply a matter of sending my RD from my old wallet to the new one?

Will the blockchain persist in its current state for the time being? Is there any reason to keep my old wallet installed?

1 Like

strerd I think Gnasher can answer these questions better than me :slight_smile:

strerd

Will the blockchain persist in its current state for the time being?

The blockchain info (past payments, …) will survive, otherwise we’d start from scratch, but e.g. some other services still depend on old info.
I think, the blockchain data needs to be converted (from v3 blocks to v4), because Reddcoin v2.0 needs that.
That is why I was asking here (1) how long this v3-v4 conversion will be ? Because I may not have a great inet connection and downloading the new blockchain (3) may be slower than when I do the conversion instead

Is there any reason to keep my old wallet installed?
Let your wallet.dat where it is (2)

When I update, is it simply a matter of sending my RD from my old wallet to the new one?

I think the above info should answer this now.

(1) https://www.reddcointalk.org/topic/866/state-of-the-redd-nation-august-08-2016/13
(2) make a backup, it’s always good to make one. GO! NOW!
(3) current blockchain umcompressed is > 2.5GB

1 Like

I’m new here and still learning. I newly synced my wallet and hoping no problem in syncing the new version. Can I receive the giveaway, too?

Hi!

I’ve been watching Reddcoin for quite a while, even made a bit of profit on one of the previous pumps. (Unfortunately then lost pretty much all of it when Cryptsy went kaput.)

But it’s fun to see that things are happening here. Is there anything specific necessary for the post to qualify for the giveaway?

JBJoy Hey can you send me a redd address ? and of course you can :slight_smile:

Asha hey asha, yes of course, can you send me a wallet address?

Redd Should I just post it here or is there some sort of private message thing I should use?

1 Like

Redd RtcWVVBoGYRgvuS6h9g9ovFjQWMKDvM8JH

1 Like

Asha you can post it publicly, most people on the forum have put the address on their profile :slight_smile:

JBJoy sent :slight_smile:

Redd thanks

Asha sent to the address you sent me privately