A bit of a silly question

I have several receive addresses, so when I’m staking, my coins are not staking together…I want to delete all but 1 address but I don’t know how to delete them and I’m worried something bad might happen, ie coins disappear…bloody daft I know…but how do I delete some of my addresses

Send all the coins to the address you want to keep.

3 Likes

3dant said: Staking process does not maintain your funds in one address obligatory.

It creates sometimes a new address you will see between parenthesis. This happens automatically in blockchain protocol. check some articles about “transaction change”.

http://bitzuma.com/posts/five-ways-to-lose-money-with-bitcoin-change-addresses/

See why is important to keep an backup of your wallet.dat

Oliver Maybe you can answer my question, so say I run a website that uses the “accounts” in the wallet. when an address/account stakes will it go to their account or are you saying it will go to the account labeled ""

iisurge It could go to the address as change or return to the same address (user account). Usually will go to the change address witch is not and account address. Although It would be nicer to have some inputs from Devteam to share on this.

Oliver yes very as would be good to know for someone running a website with a wallet

iisurge said:

Oliver Maybe you can answer my question, so say I run a website that uses the “accounts” in the wallet. when an address/account stakes will it go to their account or are you saying it will go to the account labeled ""

Vuudo , ReddcoinRocks , reddibrek could you give your insights on this question from iisurge , please?

Have a nice weekend mates! :smiley: