Anyone successfully staking with 2.0 on ARM-based machines?

I used to do staking with 1.4.1 on my ARM-based NAS machine. I recently compiled the 2.0 code from github and launched the reddcoin daemon. However, it always failed to accept blocks and as a result, the whole system could not appropriately operate, while my other x86-based machine works just fine.

Is there anyone doing 2.o ok on ARM-based machines, such as Raspberry Pi?

ycz what device specifically??
I will build my little raspi 2 again this weekend, and test on testnet

It’s Synology DS211+.

cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)

armv5tel

Perhaps the lack of the SSE2 instruction set? Or simply the overall system performance is not enough? Just random guesses…

ycz Just wanted to touch base with you that I am still working on this as I am curious.
However, it has been a great way to burn up several hours
But in the end, I have conquered it, and am now syncing with the blockchain (testnet)

Anyways, sounds like another doc to write up.

Gnasher Sounds great! So something needs to be done to make it work on ARM machines, right?

ycz as i am using a Raspi 2, there is no SSE2 (which you also commented on your rig)
I am also just using the SD card for storage.

So where i am up to is…
Successfully compiled using the following. (i am still experimenting with this config)

./autogen.sh
./configure --disable-tests CXXFLAGS="--param ggc-min-expand=1 --param ggc-min-heapsize=32768" CPPFLAGS="-I${BDB_PREFIX}/include/ -O2" CXXFLAGS="-march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3-d16" LDFLAGS="-L${BDB_PREFIX}/lib/" --enable-sse2=no --with-gui=no
make
make install # optional: will install to /usr/local/bin

I also made a correction to the code branch to help select the correct code path when SSE2 is disabled (missing header file). I havent pushed this yet to github as i am still testing

Using the above scenario, now am syncing to the testnet network (as this will be faster). However it is a slow process.

Certainly the lack of SSE2 will have a bearing on system performance. But i would have expected it to be able to stake (you will probably get more ‘not accepted’ stakes)

The other thing to bear in mind is that where Reddcoin differs from most other cryptos is we enable txindex=1 by default (is a requirement) for staking. This does have a bearing on disk I/O

Hello all! I just received my armbian board and i’d like to setup a staking wallet using armbian, a debian branch. I’m no linux ninja so can I get pointed in the right direction? I just got the system running. I can imagine others being interrested as well

1 Like