Backup dat file

What will my back up dat file look like its from a qt wallet I had on old laptop that crashed I backed it up to a couple of different USB sticks im downloading new core 2.0.0.0 wallet to another PC and im not sure what the file will look like when I go to replace it with the new one has around 2m on it so I don’t want to screw this up any help would be greatly appreciated

Great question. You could send your money from your old to the new with the user of another computer. May different user can work with different wallets.

1 Like

Rdd4ever just make sure you have the backup…

After sync, stop and exit your wallet
Put your backup wallet into the data directory
Start wallet.
It will do a rescan to bring the transactions in

3 Likes

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Reddcoin\wallet.dat is the file you should save from your old installation and move over to your new installation. Overwrite the default wallet.dat file with the Reddcoin software NOT running, then start it up. The balance will be shown as zero until sync has completed, so don’t panic when you see that. Good luck !

2 Likes

Awesome thanks guys for your replies will do this once syncing is done much appreciated👍

New wallet synced fine shutdown the wallet pasted old wallet.dat into new one deleted old wallet.dat restarted wallet 55% through rescan I get (Runaway exception) a fatal error has occurred exception:St13runtime_error
CWalletDB::ListAccountCreditDebit() :cannot create DB cursor
C:/ProgramFiles/Reddcoin/reddcoin-qt. exe in runaway exception. Not sure what I’ve done here?

Any ideas