Beta testing for Reddcoin: the Game is now open!

Just a reminder this is not the complete game yet… I’ve got achievements and some other fun stuff to add :slight_smile: I just wanted to let you guys test it over the weekend and see what you think so far.

Let’s play!

m3ndi3 Just installed unity web player and am loading game! Ill let you know what I think after playing around for a bit!

iisurge yay thanks!

m3ndi3 This is very fun and addicting! Im having fun leveling up and doing the missions! Any chance of a port to android? Great work here!

1 Like

m3ndi3 I really want to try it out, but after I enter the beta password I only see instructions for real-life use of Reddcoin (which is a great idea by the way). Am I doing something wrong? Does the game use flash?

I’m running Linux Mint (having flash issues) and using Firefox.

GrayPhoenix Oh interesting… it should be ok with firefox … it’s just Unity Web player :confused: Does it ask you to download or permit anything on the browser?

iisurge I definitely want to port to mobile :slight_smile: After I get the achievements and extra stuff done, and a little more tweaking on numbers, I’ll work on it :slight_smile: I’m also going to have it be on Kongregate and other online gaming sites to broaden the audience.

1 Like

m3ndi3 After a little searching around it looks like Unity doesn’t have a web player available for Linux. I’ll give it a shot on a Windows PC tomorrow :slight_smile:

Played the game on Mac OSX with Chrome had to disable all pop up blockers for the game to load.
Then I did a lot of tapping.! Well done!

1 Like

Now i rule the world!
Pic proof

2 Likes

Wow… this is amazingly well done! O.o

First impressions?
This game looks nothing like a beta, it looks and feels like a professional game (everything fits together nicely… sounds, music, color palette, gameplay, etc.). Runs flawlessly on budget hardware (netbooks/nettops) which is always a plus.
Was it fun?
Yup!
Did you get bored quick?
Not really, but i didn’t get hooked either. Then again, i rarely game, but i can see myself playing the crap out of this once it’s officially released!
Was it hard to understand?
Nope, but again, i’m a “veteran reddhead”. Anyway, i don’t mean to be… mean, but this should be easy as pie to understand for your random social media user that one day got a reddcoin tip, and felt the need to know what is this all about.
Was the gameplay hard?
No, and i’m no gamer. My mom could easily play - and understand - it.
What would you change?
Too early to say since it’s a beta, but if you want to pass me all the raw text i’ll translate it to Spanish (native) for you.
What would you like to see more of?
Kittens!
Did you want to use Reddcoin more after playing?
If i stumbled across the game because i got my first RDD tip, yes it would definitely spark my interest.
Did you learn anything about Reddcoin while playing?
That this community is legen - wait for it - dary, but that’s actually no news.
Would you recommend to your friends?
…i already did? A friend of mine’s an Android developer and he’s currently in charge of the Windows dept. at Softonic (yes that annoying downloads site). His feedback could be pretty valuable.

I’ll have to tip you the old fashioned way… I’m a Firefox user. T_T

3 Likes

This is great! I love how cute it is - something I could show my mom and she would love it. Also, +1 for the Android or iOS version.

Didi Thanks so much for your awesome feedback!! How in the world did I forget Kittens ?!?!?! Wow I would loooove to have it localized for all languages!! I’ll make a spreadsheet and make it public so anyone can help translate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

miha omg you are a trooper~!!! haha I have not even thought what happens after people get to a Billion hahah I am hoping with the addition to the achievements it will help retain people’s interest :slight_smile:

Reddshift livefromheaven Thanks so much! I’m hoping it can appeal to all audiences :smiley:

.m3ndi3 It looks awesome :slight_smile:

First impressions?

• Excelente! Bravo! Wunderbar! Enjoyment level is awesome. This is a professional app You are too much ahead of just a little discovery game programmer.

Was it fun?

• yup!

Did you get bored quick?

• Nop I haven’t annoying to use the tuchpad in my laptop… With the pc version of moving the mouse to the cross to close the dialog. Could you put a way to just click outside and it close the dialogs? Any mobile version doesn’t have this problem because fingers interact directly.

• No! Another point for a new comer could be lead to believe is that tipping is only on reddcoin sites… because the pages on the pc are just from reddcoin consider also adding major social media pages as a tipping platform. So people can visualize tipping everywhere on social media. :stuck_out_tongue:

Was the gameplay hard?

• Easy as butter, Looks great and relaxed experience with the music. Money flows without stress in the Reddeconomy. :slight_smile:

What would you change?

• When collecting the mission rewards the button only works above the collect letters, not in the whole area although it senses the mouse by changing color.
  • Detected that the cat doesn’t appear so I’m deeply unhappy. :frowning: I really expected the cat in the end to make me go outside and say" the world is waiting for you to accept reddcoin. But please give some attention to your beloved ones first…" :smiley:
    Creating a emotional link between users and redd brand… :wink:

• I would like to see Reddcoin buying more technological stuff and sharing them with communities. Like a raspberrypi, smartwatch, 3dprinters, or badges of online courses (educational side). After purchasing you would have an opportunity to share on social media to earn double. The social media would say “USER both a movie online with Reddcoin” and your game link :smiley:

• yes and I’m not the target audience. Young social generation this focused and thankfully this is well done very specific design! :smiley:
    Although I will definitely look into a way to integrate this into my business since this audience is going to search for real world applications. :slight_smile:

• Yes, The idea is very easy to understand. Tipping and produce content and more online reputation. Leaving you to a more online economy a new stream of income excellent.

• Defenitly! Social media would be the choice. With link past in case there are some people that want to post on blogs and forums. :slight_smile:

I still look forward for the twiks behind the cup sign! I think that is where the impact for reddcoin brand will increase. Where a social share increases 30% your reputation for example…

PS: About the links you provide below the game I would consider not shouwing the reddcoin browser wallet just now. because there is too buggy… laudney and tralf do you have a timeline to have a less bogus product? This game could easylly be the adoption gate and experience would kill it. even more… the seamless simplicity.

Amazing work m3ndi3 congrats! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

m3ndi3 Great game, very addictive. What would i change? Number of total rdd to 20 B or less also number of followers to 6 B, there would also be features like organize reddcoin meeting, donate to charity, sponsor cripto schools,… And of course CATS :smiley:
It took me 30 min to become billionaire and i believe this should take me at least 5h (mostly due to reward in % when i clicked on tip response, so not much tipping after 20min). It would be nice to see staking included and promoted. Awesome game :slight_smile:

Oliver miha Thank you so so much for your feedback!! This is the purpose of the beta tests to see how far people can go with the game and what they would like to see :slight_smile: The great thing about this, is that it is pretty much open ended. I can keep adding more things to buy, more achievements, up the prices/up the rewards etc etc. This is the first game I’ve ever made like this, and I am no math genius haha so it’s all about testing and learning for me :slight_smile:

I think I’ll have another week or two of perfecting the browser version, then I’ll work on the mobile. That will be another month perhaps, and hopefully there will be some progress with the Reddcoin products. If it’s still in development, I may have to hold on to releasing the game to the greater masses because I want to make sure the product will be awesome and working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really impressive m3ndi3! Gave the beta a quick try and found it fun and inspirational.

First impressions?
The look and feel of the game is top-notch quality, and I think it will help teach players about Reddcoin.

Was it fun?
Yes!

Did you get bored quick?
No, but I did find that clicking to tip became tedious after a while. I would have enjoyed it more if there was a ‘Tip’ button on the computer screen that changed locations each time to make it feel more like I was tipping people on different social networks.

Not really.

Was the gameplay hard?
Nope. If anything I found it a bit too fast and easy.

What would you change?
Certainly not much. Maybe make tipping a little more engaging and increase the difficulty a bit. Perhaps a lower number of coins flying around so that players don’t get unrealistic expectations.

Hmm, can’t think of anything in particular.

Tips should be coming your way!

I felt like I was looking into the future at a time when Reddcoin’s ecosystem is in full bloom.

Yes, I might show a friend the beta later today.

3 Likes

Tips should be coming your way!

I think that this sums it up pretty well.