[bounty] Help needed with Reddcoin installation on Raspberry!

Hello,

I am still preparing my secret santa gift: a Raspberry that runs a Reddcoin client. I used the tutorial by /u/sebasien on the Reddcoin Subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2b8wqm/tutorial_compiling_and_running_the_reddcoin/

and ran into a

fatal error: db_cxx.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated make:

[obj/db.o] Error 1. **like it happened with /u/bmp2050 (but with step 7)

I don´t understand the issue since in my case the file is in the folder. I am really looking forward to finish the RPi - I should be finished already days ago, so I give a bounty to the person who helps me finishing the installation.

have you checked if the export paths exist?

can you navigate to /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include or are you maybe using a 5.x version of berkeley db?

// EDIT: this error occurs at step 7? so the daemon compiled successfully?

1 Like

Hey, yes I can navigate to that folder. I managed to finish step 6 (at least that´s what I thought). BerkeleyDB version is the right one.

Have you tried to run these commands again:

export CPATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include"
export LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"

What was the last command before you got the error?

1 Like

Yes, I ran these. Unfortunately I don´t have the full log. The only difference to the tutorial by Sebasien is that I switched on SSH, since I have to do via SSH (don´t have a HDMI monitor at my disposal, but from my (poor) understanding of what I am doing that doesn´t really matter.

However, what happened is, that the connection crashed several times, so I needed to start over at 5. Additionally I ran the export commands

( I didn´t rerun
sudo ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/libdb-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb-4.8.so
sudo ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so
but I think that shouldn´t be a problem as well)

The last commands I ran was 7.3 (“cd ~/reddcoin”, “qmake” and “make”)

I am doing all this on a Model A. Could this be an issue?

I know this is not the way one should do it, but is there a way to precompile a Raspbian with Reddcoin client and copy it to a SD card? I am bit stressed because my match should have received the Pi already days ago :frowning:

Btw. this is my current setup.

https://imgur.com/a/9fxhP

I was always easier with handicrafts than with setting up stuff

2 Likes

artiscience I don’t have any experience with model a. If the ssh connection dropped it should be sufficient to rerun the export commands. But I might be wrong. Maybe Didi, Drakona or finitered can help you with this issue.

1 Like

artiscience I like your diy case style :slight_smile:

Hopefully someone can send you a pre-compiled version for your pi to save u some time.

1 Like

ReddcoinRocks Glad you like it :wink:

Btw. this is the full error

ild -o build/bitcoin.o src/qt/bitcoin.cpp
In file included from src/walletdb.h:8:0,
from src/wallet.h:20,
from src/init.h:8,
from src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:13:
src/db.h:14:20: fatal error: db_cxx.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:946: recipe for target ‘build/bitcoin.o’ failed
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

the db_cxx.h is only the in the Berkeley include folder, not in the reddcoin/src folder. Could this be a problem?

artiscience from this error I would say something went wrong with your berkeley db installation (step 4.2)
you could try to install libdb version 4.8 with these commands

sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8++-dev
1 Like

artiscience Heya, are you using the:

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddCoin/comments/2b8wqm/tutorial_compiling_and_running_the_reddcoin/

tutorial? (I have done it multiple times following it’s instructions and it works every time) :slight_smile:

finitered

Hey, yes, as I wrote above that´s the tut I am working with. Actually I managed to pass step 7 by simply carrying it out again.

Now I am stuck with 8, duh…

When I put it:

~/reddcoin/reddcoin-qt

nothing happens. I tried it in both, command line only and after running startx. Anything happens, I might just be too dumb for this…

artiscience
When you say: nothing happens, you even don’t get any error message?

run startx
open a terminal
type: cd ~/reddcoin
type: ls -al

verify reddcoin-qt is present.
launch by typing: ./reddcoin-qt

If it doesn’t work, please post your output of ls -al.

Elkan

Hm, maybe something went wrong in the earlier steps. I only have a reddcoin.qt.pro file (beside that: copying, qrc_bitcoin.cpp, Makefile, Readme.md and install)

So I guess I fucked up somewhere earlier?

Again the question if it might be a problem, that I am running a RPi model A.

Thanks for your quick answers!

artiscience I would not think that just using an A would be a problem. Seems as if there is missing file somewhere and its not compiling correctly. I am having issues with my B+ on the daemon, yet it compiles the gui without any issues.

So sort of in the same boat as you just a different spot.

artiscience
try to compile again from step 6.
look if the compilation ends clean or with an error message.

Merry Christmas. .

Elkan Right guys, I try do start over from 6. Thanks for baring with me and a merry christmas to all of you!

artiscience Are you running the graphical user interface? or sat on the command line? I have been using the reddcoind daemon and not the graphical qt wallet (lighter weight) for staking.

finitered I have used an SSH connection and did everything on the command line. I am currently running a last attempt from step 6 on without SSH. When I did it with SSH it may have been corrupted due to an unstable connection. If it fails now it has to be a different issue.

Anyway, I want to have the graphical qt wallet (actually I would even like to have the Reddwallet, but for now it appears to be easier to follow the tutorial only).

Question: Is there a way to write a script that does all the stuff I am currently doing so there is no hassle with stupid errors? Precompiling it isn´t an option but if you can use the script it would make it a lot easier for newbies. I am so looking forward to have it installed. Once I finish the Secret Santa one I will do it on another Pi that I bought.

ok, new error :frowning:

elkan finitered

build/leveldb.o: file not recognized: File truncated
collect2: ld returned l exit status
Makefile:320: recipe for target ‘reddcoin-qt’ failed
make: *** [reddcoin-qt] Error 1

I don´t get it arrrr, the leveldb.o is in the folder…

Can someone upload a precompiled version so I can play with it, please? I have doubts that I´ll manage to do this within the next days if things work out like they do right now and my secret santa desperately waits for the gift :frowning: