Early May 2015 Update

Hey guys,

It’s been a little while, so I thought I’d update you on things I know about development.

April was a slow month. I won’t beat around the bush at all there. From talking with the others, it seems like everyone has been up to their necks with commitments outside of Reddcoin. tralf has been quite busy with work, laudney has been going through some transitional things (all good from what I gather) at his work, reddibrek was so busy that he asked me to write the last newsletter, and I’ve been busy with end of the semester tasks on top of my research.

But, here are a couple things to report:

• tralf tells me there are two critical bugs left before he feel comfortable releasing a new version of the browser wallet. He and reddibrek have been spending as much time as they can working these things out, but I think that has been pretty limited as of late. He sounded positive about the remaining work to be done. When a new version is released, I think people will be pretty pleased with some UI changes as well to improve user experience.

• lionzeye and laudney report that the Android wallet is on track.

• I am hoping to complete updates to the Reddcore codebase within the next month, but will also be travelling for work quite a bit in the near future, and will have to manage my time well.

Great to hear!

1 Like

Is there anyway we can get more developers involved maybe with more time on there hands? Or would it maybe be possible to as a community raise money towards paying people from outside to do some of the coding? I mean it is five month since we got the beta-browser wallet and we havent seen anything else from social-x have we?

Honestly I would guess that if we just start promoting the coin more enthusiast will join thus evolving the ecosystem.

thanks for the update Bigreddmachine!

1 Like

Thanks bigreddmachine!

Periods like this are understandable. I think everyone’s happier hearing “things are going slowly but we’re still making progress” as opposed to feeling left in the dark. It would be hard to overstate how important updates like this are to all of us here in the community.

It’ll all come together at some point. It just takes a lot of hard work and patience.

8 Likes

Ok nice, hope things will going faster soon! Congrats for the work done until now.

2 Likes

Would it make any sense to have venture capital invest in Reddcoin Ltd and turbocharge the development process?

Technology-wise Reddcoin still is ahead of many other altcoins.

Hope, laudney is fine and not getting burned-out from stress.

4 Likes

If Reddcoin hits 1 Satoshi just buy up all on the market and use it for another IPCO round.

After paycoins shenanigans, no one believes in promises of greatness. You only get a few chances in this space these days before being written off.

From what I remember, reddcoin had a 900k usd funding round. I dont see anyone being willing to put in more based on whats been done so far.

YouCanDoAnything Perhaps, but each one of these developers has a day job. They might also have a spouse or significant other, kids, a sick family member, etc. Reddcoin is slowly but surely moving forward, we just can’t see the instant gratification that we’re so used to in this day and age. It’s like evolution, it takes a while for the changes to occur, but looking back over time, they were huge and magnificent. I have high hopes for this coin and hope that the devs can find the time to keep working on the changes.

1 Like

YouCanDoAnything said:

From what I remember, reddcoin had a 900k usd funding round…

It was a little over 100k I believe

(From the wiki: https://wiki.reddcoin.com/index.php?title=History_of_Reddcoin)

1 Like

bmp02050 I actually have no problem with that. Im not against slow progress. My main point, starting a few posts back is… Is that truly what is going on? Or did it stall.

I have been here since the beginning, I admit more lurking than anything as I have nothing but money to offer in the way of helping. But like I said I have been here since the beginning, and I have seen the subtle change in things vs how it was when reddcoin was just getting going.

5 Likes

reddibrek said:

YouCanDoAnything said:

From what I remember, reddcoin had a 900k usd funding round…

It was a little over 100k I believe

(From the wiki: https://wiki.reddcoin.com/index.php?title=History_of_Reddcoin)

ah ok, Im not sure why 900k was what stuck in my mind.

After I decided to not be involved in Reddcoin anymore I´ve been checking in every now and then to see progress and now with some distance I kinda feel affirmed in my decision. Some good ideas have been presented for Reddcoin but most of it is not more like that: an idea on a paper.

There are many points I could point out here, but for now I will leave it with the initial funding that was given to the developers.

It is true that it was “only” 100,000 $, but there has been a strange twist in rhetoric from Reddcoin as a project that uses community generated funds to employ capable people to “this is only a hobby project”. Has there been a documentation how the 100,000 $ were spent? No, not as far as I know. There has been 0 transparence with regard to this money, same with the steps that are supposedly going to take place in the future. I made this sort of calculations for my job and it doesn´t take a lot of time to document where money goes to (besides, it´s necessary anyway to do it with every professional project, so it shouldn´t be considered as “extra-time”).

There is no way to blame a person that you don´t pay for not working as one wants, so this is not about blaming the devs for not working, but for turning this into a “hobby” project and pretending that it alway was.

I lost faith that we´ll ever see the light of Redd-ID, at least not with Reddcoin. Really sad to see this development.

5 Likes

Aaaaaand we’re reaching 3 Sats now.

Sebsebzen it often bumps 3 when people remove the 4 sat wall, it lasts about 5-10 mins then they put the wall back

1 Like

I will definitely buy up all the Reddcoin at 3 satoshi. It is a great opportunity to get in or back in :smiley:

1 Like

Tyke yes is like 33.333 millionsx Bct sounds a lot better deal than 25k neucoins. And The total supply will be like 81btc

Devs can you maybe answer artiscience 's post? Would really be appreciated.

1 Like

RddStacker NeuCoin? Don’t make me laugh… that’s the best scam of the year so far. $2.25MM and all they can do is to fork PeerCoin, write down a whitepaper, set up a forum and write some press releases? 100% PoS on a 97% premined coin? FFS what a joke. Within a year they get their money back and they don’t even have to sell any NeuShit. And the angel investors? Vaporware. No twitter mentions. No FB. No Financial Times. Nada. They don’t want the “mainstream public” knowing about this. “We need $2.25MM to kickstart a fatally flawed Peercoin fork!” See the irony?

You are better off sticking to reddcoin - or selling if you want. It may not happen, but think about this: it may take a year or more and RDD may be at 1 satoshi during all of that and then bam, Social X comes out of thin air in the middle of all the scams and the people burnt by PayCoin and NeuCoin, while bitcoin price is being massacred by gov regulations. Got Redd-ID?

I “only” got 20MM RDD but i ain’t selling. What could i get… 1 BTC if i manage to sell at 5 satoshi? Not worth it. So my ReddPi will keep staking, and i’ll keep buying RDD with whatever my little gridseeds can mine. It could be said that, for me, if RDD fails i’m done with crypto for quite a bit.

We need new people… it’s been over a year and i’m just tired. And i know that i’m not alone. So it’s either contribute in a constructive way or kindly go seek other projects and leave RDD alone, the core dev team is also tired and i completely understand.

(typos)

5 Likes

Didi maybe you miss understood. I mean Rdd is a way better deal that neucoin and look the price. Also if they give 2500 neucoin x answer the survey (0.10btc) many people will grab it and dump it a 100% stake reward look like a formula to worthless in no time

2 Likes