Error Sending Coins from Recovered Wallet

Hello, I have a wallet on an old laptop and am trying to send these coins to an exchange. The laptop is running Reddcoin Core V2.0 on linux. When I open the wallet it will not synchronize and says ‘no block sources found’ (I assume it’s because it’s such an old version).

I tried copying the wallet.bat file to my windows 10 machine, then installed Reddcoin Core V3.10.3.0. I placed the wallet.bat file into the reddcoin directory. I then downloaded the blockchain, and allowed the wallet to sync the rest of the way. The coins show up as an available balance, but when I try to send them I get this error:

“the transaction was rejected! This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spent here.”

How should I proceed in fixing this? Thank you!

Hi there.

You are using 2 computers, one with Linux and one with Windows.

You can run a wallet file on 1 computer concurrently.
So, do not use the same wallet on 2 computers (on Linux and on Windows)

On which machine do you want to run Reddcoin Core?
We will focus on that computer and ignore the other one.

Thank you for the reply. I actually believe I resolved the issue on my own by using a different backup of the wallet. I’m not sure why it worked, but I have since received a staking reward, which wasn’t happening before. I just tried to get the transaction to go through, and did not get the same error.

It is still sitting as ‘unconfirmed,’ but it hasn’t been that long. Thank you for your help. If there are further issues with it going through should I reply here, or create a new topic?

Reddcoin now has a helpdesk to help with issues.

Could you please send an email to help@reddcoin.com with your issue?
Please also mention the operating system you are using.

Let me know when you’ve done that; I will mark this topic as ‘[Solved]’ and help you via the helpdesk.