Was getting an invalid checkpoint warning earlier today.
After a stop start of the daemon I am now seeing:
“errors” : “Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.”
Cannot send any transactions in this state.
"version" : 1040100,
"protocolversion" : 80000,
"walletversion" : 60000,
Any suggestions please?
ethought sounds like your wallet has somehow gotten off the correct chain
Current number of Blocks: "1090749"
Last block time: "Thu Mar 3 16:29:19 2016"
Are you able to tell me what block your currently on
“blocks” : 1090527,
I actually was going to move reddcoin to a new server so had a fully synced (on correct chain) daemon I have now moved the wallet to.
I am currently running salvagewallet as the balance on the new client appears to be 2,000,000 lower than it should be.
ethought Great, let me know if you have any further issues.
As an FYI, I am currently working on updating the checkpoints for the wallet.
They are grossly out of date.
last checkpoint 244999 (07/22/2014 @ 8:17pm (UTC))
We are currently at 1090600.
Will be good to get these locked in before final release
Hmm, does not look good.
After salvagewallet we are down almost 7,000,000 RDD
Going through transactions trying to figure out what might have happened. But we were on the right chain until yesterday I think. And there have been no large incoming transactions in the last 24 hours that would account for the difference.
ethought I am assuming you have a wallet backup.
Also, how many addresses in your wallet, is it feasible to check each address against the block explorer
We have 6229 addresses in our wallet. And the wallet is backed up.
And some 21000 incoming transactions.
I am writing a quick script to check every incoming tx and see if any are missing in the client. If that does not turn up anything, will look into some more detailed checks.
Can you try putting back the original wallet.dat file (or a previous backup). without doing a salvagewallet
Seems like salvagewallet didnt do a good job on your file (I have experienced this also).
An alternative and not fun way would be to use the following cmd line tool to extract private keys from wallet.dat
and then import.
You have a lot of addresses, so you would need to create and run a script
Yes, I already have a script to dump private keys and then import to a new wallet. Will try that as a last resort as it can take a long time.
Interesting to note you have had troubles with salvagewallet also before.
I have checked our records and can find no unconfirmed transactions so think it is probably just something strange going on with the wallet.dat.
Thanks for your help!
I will take a look at the salvagewallet code later see whats going on… that is taken directly from bitcoin, so no changes by reddcoin team
But thats not to say there are no problems with it.
Let me know how you get on
Gnasher congratulations on your 500th post btw
Here’s to the next 500!
reddibrek i am not the top poster yet (still about 40 to go)
That title goes to Redshift
I hope it shows the measure of my commitment to be be as accessible as possible to all