Forty hours spent for the confirmation of a 10 mBTC transaction...

… with clogging all further transactions through my Electrum bitcoin wallet. It is one of reason why I still believe in PoS and in particular Reddcoin as a microtransaction tool.

I am not sure to understand this post…

One of many use cases for altcoin in this environment and the future

2 Likes

Reddcoinnoob I tried to send 10 mBTC to another bitcoin address from my Electrum wallet. It took about 40 hours for the bitcoin network to confirm this transaction and to allow me any other payments from the wallet.

1 Like

Vanamonde, 40 hours not bad for 10 mBTC confirmations, Even you’re lucky. Did you pay any transaction fee? sometimes blockchain.info wants 0.0005 Btc transaction fee. Absolutely, Electrum wallet is a good choice according to browser wallets. Firstly security, your coins are in your hands. Then micro transactions succesfull…

10 mBTC is 1/100 of Bitcoin, about 10 dollars. I just committed a lapsus when I said about satoshis yesterday and then I corrected my original post, sorry…

Ok, understood. I have written wrong amount and corrected it now.

This is very useful to check if you’re about to do an urgent Bitcoin transaction. You at least have the opportunity to boost your transaction fee, if your wallet software of choice gives you that option - https://bitcoinfees.github.io/#30m

A thought just came to me - throughout the Bitcoin scaling debate, increasing the block size and partial off chain optimizations like SegWit are not the only possibilities. How about shortening the block time (and reducing the block reward in proportion) ?

1 Like