Generated but not accepted

Since 2.0, about 50% off my staking rewards are generated, but not accepted. I’m curious what is happening. Any tips?

With the new wallet, there is additional information that comes through regarding transactions.
This was borrowed from bitcoin with the new status for conflicted transactions (-1 confirmations)

If you put your cursor over the transaction, and right click, you can “show transaction details”
The status will be conflicted.

So, what is this all about?? Why can there be conflicted transactions.

When you are staking, you are in a race in a lottery system.

When staking, you are actually generating blocks that also need to be accepted by the rest of the network.
If the network accepts your block, you are rewarded with your stake amount
If the network doesnt accept your block, then your coins for that stake are returned.

As the race to accept the block finally comes down to which client can get theirs in first. If someone gets in before you and theirs gets accepted, your block will become conflicted.

All’s not lost however, the coinage is maintained for those coins, and will be used to calculate your next reward

To have the best chance of succeeding in staking you should have:

• a reliable network connection,
  • a good number of connections to other peers

The other thing to not is, the overall network difficulty is increasing since the release of the v2 wallet.
This means there are more wallets competing for that block reward.

4 Likes

Some of mine are conflicted as well but probably because of my internet connection. I have a problem with my internet cutting off every now and then and this is when i see these conflicted status on my wallet transaction details.

Gnasher any updates on the bip66?

Gnasher Thanks for the summary. Very informative.

altcoinbonanza Bip66 is hovering at 70%

Gnasher why do you think it is hovering at 70%? are 30% still generated on old wallets or how does it work?

Redd we have a good number of wallets who have not yet updated.

I have been monitoring, and the network

• 48% - v2.0.0
  • 41% - v1.4.1
  • 5% - unknown
  • 2% - v1.4.0
  • 2% - v1.3.1

In those percentages, it is actually the larger addresses who are staking that would push the BIP66 higher

So, we need to get the message out to anyone who is running a reddcoin wallet and staking, to upgrade.

I will push another blog post out also

1 Like

Are there any considerations for future wallet releases to have an update feature built in? Like how most conventional apps work.

marvelousform after some other related work, this should be feasible.
I am looking at a method to check the aviatablity of releases as they become available
I think we can make this opt in/out with a configurable time check (daily/weekly/monthly)

On the QT it is returned as a gui status message, and on the daemon as a rpc getinfo status message

1 Like

marvelousform I’ve asked about this too. You’d think that it wouldn’t be hard, but man, there’s so much code behind the scenes…SO… MUCH… CODE…I’ve got faith in Gnasher that these kinds of “standard features” will eventually come to fruition, but there are other important things (e.g. Redd-ID) that would blow RDD up. I’d love to be able to send coins to someone using a “username” rather than some obscure public key that you’ll never remember…

1 Like

Gnasher bmp02050 Thanks for the insights. I figured it had been considered, but just wanted to chime in.

1 Like

Since 2.0, about 50% off my staking rewards are generated, but not accepted. I’m curious what is happening.

The other thing to not is, the overall network difficulty is increasing since the release of the v2 wallet.

From a small guy’s perspective this can also look like:
the new update sis not to their advantage. With the 1.4 version were less rejects, seemingly.

erkan Perhaps, but to not upgrade when the switch happens (about 10% away from majority) will completely disadvantage the small guy with absolutely no accepted stakes…