I'm new to cryptocurrencies. Any tips on how to look at this system as a whole?

As I stated about, I am new to this whole cryptocurrency platform, though I like it! Reading through all the new companies surrounding crytocurrncies is exciting!!! I have my favorites, but this Reddcoin has something BIG. I’ve seem steemit and that platform just doesnt cut it. Reading about reddcoin in exciting and I am all in for a long haul with this company! How do I start earning reddcoin/buying it.

tygunnerwilliams you can go to Reddcoin.com and download the wallet. There are a couple videos on youtube on how to purchase Reddcoin. Right now you can only purchase it with Bitcoin so will need sign up to Coinbase, purchase bitcoin and then send your bitcoin to Bittrex (another exchange) to buy it. It seems a bit complicated in the beginning but its like that right now with all crypto. You’ll get the hang of it.

1 Like

Welcome tygunnerwilliams! The first thing that I’ll say which applies to Reddcoin as well as ALL coins is have patience, patience, PATIENCE! Reddcoin is a long ways off from mass adoption and reaching its true potential, but it’s not from lack of hard work on the side of development; it’s honestly because cryptocurrencies as a whole are still very misunderstood by the general public. I would advise that when you read about people getting rich almost overnight on different ICOs and cryptocurrencies you don’t expect that to be you any more than you would expect to be the lucky guy who invested in Google back in 2004. Those stories are really enticing and inspiring, but any coin you convert cash into can either take off to the moon or go to 0. Remember that. Also, don’t look at yourself so much as an investor as an enthusiast. You’re not holding stocks that represent a share in something. Companies are obligated to their shareholders, but cryptocurrencies literally represent money, and although their value relative to BTC or USD may grow or shrink over time you aren’t really that similar to a wall street investor. All that aside realize that each of these coins, even that ones that have been around since 2011 and before are still really in the early stages and you have a chance to be a part of launching something BIG. As far as the Reddcoin community goes this project was started in January of 2014, but the original developers found themselves devoting more time to ETH and other communities so they mostly all abandoned the project which left it in the hands of our awesome current lead dev John Nash (Gnasher). I don’t think they missed the potential in Reddcoin, I think they just got buried more in their work on other currencies. That being said, our dev team devotes free time and works hard on coding and compiling for no salary so try to remember that too. You’ll see a lot of people put pressure on them or try to spread FUD (Fear/Uncertainty/Doubt) in Reddcoin saying the project is dead, Redd-ID isn’t coming out, etc. none of which is true. These aren’t dedicated members of the RDD community, so don’t let them influence your actions. Ignore the nonsense. You can buy Reddcoin as was stated above by buying Bitcoin then converting it to Reddcoin. The easiest/fastest way is to buy Bitcoin is on Coinbase.com, then to convert that Bitcoin to Reddcoin using Shapeshift.io. There’s a video by a project called “Reddcoin Community” that explains it: https://youtu.be/zzPx_E2IHKY. The last thing I would recommend is to read up on the full history of Reddcoin and learn as much as you can about crypto. Google is your friend here, there are way too many links for me to post lol. Remember this entire industry is open source, so wherever you fit in you can help. You can start your own Reddcoin project to help get people on board, you could even start a new company centered around Reddcoin or hire a team of developers to develop apps for Redd. The sky’s the limit. Don’t look at it so much as “them”, but “us”. You’re a part of the team too. Hope this helped and good luck in the crypto realm!

1 Like

Cryptocurrencies are generally not companies (there are sad exceptions), especially Reddcoin. Reddcoin is a decentralized open source community project. There is no company. There are no paid developers. Everybody contributing, whether development, marketing, running a full node, staking, or just being part of a thriving and interesting community, gives of their time freely.

1 Like