Initial Staking problems - stake time 3200 days

Hi all

I decided to start staking a few days ago, so moved some RDD into the wallet and unlocked it for staking only.

The initial ‘Estimated stake time’ was like 2 days, so i left that PC on, came back in 2 days and it now says ‘Estimated stake time 3200 Days’ still with 0 stake amount.

Any ideas?!

Cheers!!!

ninjo said:

Hi all

I decided to start staking a few days ago, so moved some RDD into the wallet and unlocked it for staking only.

The initial ‘Estimated stake time’ was like 2 days, so i left that PC on, came back in 2 days and it now says ‘Estimated stake time 3200 Days’ still with 0 stake amount.

Any ideas?!

Cheers!!!

Can you clarify what you mean by “0 stake”? Do you mean under “Balance” on the Qt Wallet “Overview” page? Can you check your Transactions page and see if you have a Generated transaction?

The details are under the ‘statistics’ tab of the wallet. Am I using the wrong wallet?!

ninjo said:

The details are under the ‘statistics’ tab of the wallet. Am I using the wrong wallet?!

“Statistics” tab? Can you post a screenshot? And did you check the “Transactions” tab as I asked?

bigreddmachine Is that from the Social Wallet? It had very high estimated staking times.

Struggling to post a screen shot here, any tips?

The transaction tabs just shows 3 received payments from my cryptsy account.

Using Redd Wallet 1.4.0

It has now come back down to 1 Day 10 hours, but i am reluctant to leave my PC on to find out if anythng happens as last time it went to > 3000 days.

Plan is to set up a RPi for staking but wanted to get the hang of it on windows to start.

ninjo Ahh, yeah, the Redd Wallet has had some issues with that and is not in active development while the team focuses on bigger targets.

lionzeye, is it possible to import a wallet.dat from Redd Wallet into Qt without losing accumulated coin age?

1 Like

bigreddmachine No problem, so the best plan for right now is install the QT Wallet and transfer coins to get staking?

ninjo You can install the Qt wallet and you can then copy your wallet.dat from your Reddwallet data to your Qt wallet data.

The Qt wallet default data locations are listed below:

Windows: C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Reddcoin
Mac: /Users/USER NAME/Library/Application Support/Reddcoin
Linux: ~/.reddcoin

2 Likes

My wallet is now 48 hour old and the staking is still happening every 3642 days.
It has been staking since i installed it and rebooting makes no difference. So whats wrong?

I have a feeling i may be a little short on coins. So i wouldnt mind some help from a few generous tippers :wink:

flyingman1 Is this your balance: 4444949.29949699? It’s twice as many as I have and I stake every 1-3 days. If you’re just barely getting started, first, let the wallet completely sync up, then unlock for staking. Then let the coin-age build up. Every day = more coin-age. Patience is key. Leave your wallet open and staking 24/7 to increase your chance of a stake. If you have 4 million coins, the coinage should be around 8,000,000. Considering the total coinage right now is around 17 billion, it will take a few days to build up enough of a coinage balance to generate a chance to stake.

bmp02050 haha i wish. My balance is 4642RDD
So whats your stake with 2 million coins?

flyingman1 Anywhere between 400 and 1200 RDD / stake, every 1-3 days.

bmp02050 looks like i have a long way to go :stuck_out_tongue:
Then i guess im at max 1RDD every 3500 days. yeah well :stuck_out_tongue:

flyingman1 you’ll need WAY more coins to see regular stakes. Think millions not thousands. I gave 250k to a friend of mine months ago and he has yet to stake even while having his wallet unlocked and “staking” 24/7 I should point out that the devs are working on something to address this I believe. Maybe one of them can offer more insight

Thanks to a donation from a very generous user. Im now down to 861 days. Its getting there!

Ryan I read somewhere that it should be no problem for a small wallet to stake. But i guess its still in devolopment then?

flyingman1 Do you have any skills? Chicks like dudes with skills…Those could be worth reddcoin…