Landing page for the reddcoin tip button

Hey guys i think it would be extremely beneficial to have a landing page (the page where if you don’t have the browser wallet installed it takes you) have some info about getting started with reddcoin. I think something like a info-graphic about reddcoin with links to videos / infographics about how reddcoin relates to a (gamer,musician, mother, ect). Anyone got any ideas they would like to contribute?

If I am not mistaken you are now taken to reddcoin offical page and that I think is OK. I do miss simple welcoming post like this (dogecoin subreddit).

Until (if) RDD becomes “somewhat mainstream”, i think it’s a good idea. It can be removed later on.

The user specific landing pages would be amazing for new users. For example take our friend rehctelf who said he would graciously update some of his websites with the button. His users have likely never been exposed to cryptocurrencies beyond the random bitcoin news mention. For that type of user to click the reddcoin tip button, and be taken to the reddcoin website with an overwhelming amount of info, is going to click back and likely not return for a while. However if that user was greeted with a page with a infographic showing how that user could incorporate Reddcoin into their daily web experience, well that would be powerful.

4 Likes

Naro you could ask for specific topics to cover in the landing page.
So people can start gather some information.

I leave here my humble opinion.

• The basics: Automatic mining! 5% rate interest per year! Social currency! Decentralized platform! User friendly!
  • Save your Reddcoins -> (wallet tuturials) (Diferent users, diferent wallets, option based on geek level user) Starting Low with the browser wallet. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Try some free Reddcoins -> faucets, Reddcointalk.com
  • Donate to your online Heros -> Places to buy (easy way wesellredd.com and options for advanced users. cryptsy.com and coin exchanges)
  • Do you like shopping? -> Places to spend (services depending on enterprises and undividuals)
  • Be a brand Embassator! (A Reddhead) -> Marketing Resources available, useful links, wiki.

The Online World is yours tell your friends about us! Share this page with them! :stuck_out_tongue: (some kind of social media link.)

1 Like

Oliver said:

Naro you could ask for specific topics to cover in the landing page.
So people can start gather some information.

I leave here my humble opinion.

• The basics: Automatic mining! 5% rate interest per year! Social currency! Decentralized platform! User friendly!
  • Save your Reddcoins → (wallet tuturials) (Diferent users, diferent wallets, option based on geek level user) Starting Low with the browser wallet. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Try some free Reddcoins → faucets, Reddcointalk.com
  • Donate to your online Heros → Places to buy (easy way wesellredd.com and options for advanced users. cryptsy.com and coin exchanges)
  • Do you like shopping? → Places to spend (services depending on enterprises and undividuals)
  • Be a brand Embassator! (A Reddhead) → Marketing Resources available, useful links, wiki.

The Online World is yours tell your friends about us! Share this page with them! :stuck_out_tongue: (some kind of social media link.)

Yeah some motivational “you can join the movment” is a great idea. I think I’ll run a contest for users to sumbit their use cases!

1 Like

Oliver i made that page www.reddcoinfordummies.com, trying to imagine what it’s like to be unaware of cryptos, as an incentive to put tip buttons in blogs and other social media. It’s purposedly restricted to the minimum amount of info, for simplicity. I’m wondering about linking some faucets to earn coins; is it safe? what about ads, cookies, viruses?

4 Likes

FaintinGoat I never heard of that page before!! You work fast!!! Congrats it is very simple indeed!

The tipping button is somehow broken it doesn’t call my browser extension! (DevTeam is working on this problem!) :frowning:
The one from the bottom is fine.

If you are still editing should consider maintaining some background images and the header like the official page. :wink:

Faucets fundamental an enable people to start on their own experience this amazing tech in real time with a friend. Imagine in large campus.

PS: The browser wallet is still in beta phase and in my case is taking more than 10 hours to update automatically. There are some people having this issue… but I wouldn’t be nice to have too many people visiting this page outside the community here.

Great work FaintinGoat!

Oliver dont worry, this page is a work-in-progress. Apart from you and a few other people from here, nobody goes there. i’d like to incentivize people to :

• get a browser wallet, because it s a game-changer : in contrast with the qt wallet or any desktop wallet, it s way more easy to use, it doesn t require lots of space, tedious download of the blockchain, and you always have it in the corner of your browser.
  • put tip buttons on their web pages. the idea is that being tipped in Reddcoin will let them earn money. So ideally, they shouldn t even be told to buy any RDD. It s important because it s clearly a different message than the one of most cryptos.

Maybe we should make a list/repository/contest of the best webpages to tip in these forums…

2 Likes

FaintinGoat I incentivize you to make a post stating what are the links you need and services. People with services will like to get extra exposure.

The way you organize could be by category… even for a new comer it would be good to understand that this is no small project :wink:

Having user stories would be fantastic, perhaps a “reddcoin & you” page that allows the user to select a starting point that they identify with let’s say they select “gamer” it could briefly explain how to tip your favourite twitch streamers etc.

3 Likes

Vuudo said:

Having user stories would be fantastic, perhaps a “reddcoin & you” page that allows the user to select a starting point that they identify with let’s say they select “gamer” it could briefly explain how to tip your favourite twitch streamers etc.

This is the type of thing im talking about! Relating to the user!

2 Likes

Description

Any webdesigners wanna join in and make this a reality?

2 Likes

Nice work! And can we maken an incentive to dowload the wallet(if the wallet is ready to realease the full version), like 50rdd per new download, to start tipping. I will gladly donate some reddcoin to fund it.

Then we can start the marketing.“Download now and get 50 rdd for free, to start the tipping spree”

1 Like

Great discussion and some really really good ideas in here… but please don’t put too much energy into this idea right now. I’m just a few hours/days ahead of releasing a public beta of my new service and don’t want your or my efforts go to waste. I’m working since christmas eve on my service and already put endless days and nights of coding into it. please give me some more time to fix some last things before going public.
the approach is slightly different than what is discussed in this thread but you might be surprised :slight_smile:
stay tuned!

5 Likes

TO ALL WEBSITE OWNERS, CONTENT CREATORS AND SERVICES WHO ARE ACCEPTING REDDCOIN ON THEIR WEBSITES:

Please contact me via private chat to participate in a private beta test. This would really help to bring the development forward. It will be the last stage before a public beta-test can start.

2 Likes

ReddcoinRocks said:

Please contact me via private chat to participate in a private beta test. This would really help to bring the development forward. It will be the last stage before a public beta-test can start.

IMO you should make new topic. Anyway rock on.

1 Like

ReddcoinRocks said:

Great discussion and some really really good ideas in here… but please don’t put too much energy into this idea right now. I’m just a few hours/days ahead of releasing a public beta of my new service and don’t want your or my efforts go to waste. I’m working since christmas eve on my service and already put endless days and nights of coding into it. please give me some more time to fix some last things before going public.
the approach is slightly different than what is discussed in this thread but you might be surprised :slight_smile:
stay tuned!

Glad to hear! Feel free to pm me anything you want my opinion on I’d be happy to help!

1 Like

Naro Thanks for your offer! I’m currently testing the last feature and will make a public announcement in a second :slight_smile: