M3NDi3 is Leaving..

Good Bye Reddcoin

Reddshift said:

M3NDi3 is Leaving…

Their loss, IMO. They got scared an sold at a bad time and nailed their coffin shut by running away. They had potential and lost it by quitting.

Edit: I’m regretting my own words.

2 Likes

Sad to see m3ndi3 going… We had fun doing the Reddheads interview and she has made a really great game…

I would like to say, though, what an exemplary way to bow out.

No-one is forcing anyone to come, no-one is forcing anyone to go. So that’s the way to do it. If you are not happy about something or simply feel like moving on, be friendly, say goodbye in a nice way. What’s the point in trying to get in some kind of nasty last word… or worse to come back and troll people.

In this way everything is left open. M3ndi3 could step right back in anytime if she liked and it would be cool to see her again.

3 Likes

Reddshift Such will be the fate of many people if things do not change soon. For in all truth and aspects it feels as if the coin is dieing and is just a gamble and with the recent drama that has been posted about the coin and what the devs were supposedly doing and how development has been slow. It will make many people worried enough to cash out and leave if it goes much lower. those that stay will be just those left holding the bag at that point. Not the winners that think they are doing well unless the coin turns around shortly afterward.

2 Likes

The whole death of a coin thing…is pretty sad to contemplate. I am staking StakingDescription If the Dev’s and the team are feeling under appreaciated then I am pretty sure we all feel the same way from time to time… The race not always to the swift nor the battle always to the strong…but thats the way to bet on horse races and boxing matches

So are we swift? YES are we strong? YES… place your bets.!

Big fail on the Reddcoin team there.

So one of your users who happens to be a developer loved your coin so much that she developed one of the few quality apps for Reddcoin (her UI/UX skills alone sets her apart from anything I’ve seen developed for Reddcoin), and now she’s gone…

I recall reading one of her last posts. IIRC it was in the midst of all that drama and all she asked for was some reassurance from the devs or core team that Reddcoin wasn’t vaporware.

No matter what happens in the future with Reddcoin, the core team needs to be both transparent and responsive (even just a little bit), but especially to its community members who put their free time and energy into the community.

You want your vision/company/product to succeed? Then treasure the community members who are so passionate about it that they’d invest their own sweat equity into your vision too.

Dropped. The. Ball. There. Guys.

3 Likes

I hope she has a change of heart and at least doesn’t completely abandon the community. I appreciate your work.

Such a shame to watch talent and dedication like hers just slip through your hands.

1 Like

Bad news indeed.

Unless the promised services are delivered sooner we will see a good path to adoption…
Specially easy to use ones. :slight_smile:

In my case I’m opting to keep reddcoin on the side projects for a while until finished products are out. Nothing against the Dev team I’m sure they have more important issues on their plate.

By the way anyone has a link on “how to setup a donation button” on a webpage?

Oliver Is this what you need?
https://www.reddcoin.com/tipbutton

1 Like

I found this interesting. Maybe she didn’t leave on such great terms after all…

m3ndi3 said:

I use Unity and it does use C#… I mostly use Playmaker (visual scripting) for my programming as I’m not much of a programmer :stuck_out_tongue: I can finish it pretty easily, it’s just my motivation isn’t really there and I can’t see a way to get back my returns on what I invested now. For those reasons, I’ll only finish it if I get an upfront payment (preferably in bitcoin). Personally though, I would only finish it if proper Reddcoin milestones were achieved, as I do not want to be “educating” people how great Reddcoin is, then it turns out to be a scam :confused:

Link

2 Likes

ReddFather
I think her comments are open to interpretation.

My take away was that she wanted to focus her talent on game building and making something from it.
she was new to Reddcoin, and probably to crypto in general.
My guess is that she thought it was more mature and further along
Of course if you came into this game with those thoughts in mind, with the price decline and all the recent noise on milestones and targets and other discussions on questionable activity :- who wouldnt be nervous.

This is a brave new world.

The reality of life is that she wanted to get paid also.
Of course life is not a free ride and we have bills to pay, and it is clear she had to turn a profit to cover costs
Am i disappointed she decided to leave for sure,
She had some talent. and i hope she has the intelligence to look in from time to time and reassess the situation.

unfortunately the word ‘scam’ gets thrown around far to liberally to describe what is not
Maybe i need to write a TL&DR on scams :slight_smile:

6 Likes

bigreddmachine Thanks mate! Is exactly this that I was searching for.
:wink:

1 Like

Gnasher said:

ReddFather
I think her comments are open to interpretation.

My take away was that she wanted to focus her talent on game building and making something from it.
she was new to Reddcoin, and probably to crypto in general.
My guess is that she thought it was more mature and further along
Of course if you came into this game with those thoughts in mind, with the price decline and all the recent noise on milestones and targets and other discussions on questionable activity :- who wouldnt be nervous.

This is a brave new world.

The reality of life is that she wanted to get paid also.
Of course life is not a free ride and we have bills to pay, and it is clear she had to turn a profit to cover costs
Am i disappointed she decided to leave for sure,
She had some talent. and i hope she has the intelligence to look in from time to time and reassess the situation.

unfortunately the word ‘scam’ gets thrown around far to liberally to describe what is not
Maybe i need to write a TL&DR on scams :slight_smile:

more proof of the bullshit here–I post information and get -1 for that and you rresposnse is +5 for no fuckign reason.

1 Like

ReddFather If you accuse a whole community of doing bullshit, I’m not surprised that you get some downvotes. Please don’t be so aggressive in you interpretation.

ReddFather
I have no problem with your cross post from reddit.
I had read the original thread when m3ndi3 first posted.
However, if i can offer you one suggestion when writing is to add some substance to your comment and provide some analysis or argument.
i.e
Explain why you think she left on bad terms.
Did she have a fall out with someone, some inside info, why does she think it is scam, etc,

Gnasher said:

ReddFather
I have no problem with your cross post from reddit.
I had read the original thread when m3ndi3 first posted.
However, if i can offer you one suggestion when writing is to add some substance to your comment and provide some analysis or argument.
i.e
Explain why you think she left on bad terms.
Did she have a fall out with someone, some inside info, why does she think it is scam, etc,

That’s worthless banter. The fact is she left and said that. I’m not bringing my opinion into the topic. I just wanted to make it clear she did not leave on a good note but a bad one.

1 Like

Come on did ReddFather need to be banned?

2 Likes

Redd said:

Come on did ReddFather need to be banned?

I wonder the same thing. Although now, I’m a bit nervous to speak about anything that isn’t positive on Reddcoin, the community, the devs, etc.

1 Like

all though reddfather was being negative, that is probably only part the story, who knows what else he was up to in pms or elsewhere . I am not saying he was, I just mean mods will have a better picture of what was going on.

Never be afraid to speak your mind positive or negative, just don’t go off like a firework and explain it rationally and calmly. I will always speak my mind as not doing so would be like not having a voice.

3 Likes