"Mastering Bitcoin" by Andreas M. Antonopoulos: reader group

At the moment of writing, “Mastering Bitcoin” by Andreas M. Antonopoulos is the best introductory book on the technical details of Bitcoin. It’s available in print, on Kindle and also free on github.

This thread is dedicated to Q&A related to the book. Please specify the section (e.g. page numbers) when you post a question.

I just bought this book as a Christmas present to myself. I’m hoping to get a good overview of how bitcoin works and maybe even dig a little deeper, so I’ll probably have some questions to post here.

1 Like

laudney Just ordered the book and cant wait to learn more about the inner workings of cryptocoins. Hope I don’t need an academic education to understand it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t spent money in crypto or blockchain related books yet, but I will definetly needed it…

It is obvious that this tech is going to be around for quite some time… I have to make my mind a litle bit more… 1 month…

Oliver free on github

1 Like

iisurge I know but is on PC… I like to read on paper does it exists in .pdf somewhere?

Or how to compile to make a pdf from those?

Thanks, iisurge

Oliver yea you can buy it pdf for almost 30$… Im sure a few google searches could get you somewhere but Im not gonna promote anything

iisurge Ok I will see what I can do… within my financial reach :wink:

1 Like

Oliver yea 30$ seems a bit expensive for something that is free in a less established format (;

But hey they got to make money some how

I somehow missed this thread a long time ago. I read the book cover-to-cover back in January. It’s a very good information source for anyone interested in knowing more about the intricacies of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Did anyone else in this thread end up reading it? What were your thoughts?

If you want another, non-technical book to read, I highly recommend “The Age of Cryptocurrency” by Vigna and Casey (two WSJ writers). Here’s a link to the Amazon listing: http://www.amazon.com/The-Age-Cryptocurrency-Challenging-Economic/dp/1250065631

2 Likes

bigreddmachine Didn’t read it all yet, only looked up some specific things and the book was a great resource in this situations.

2 Likes

bigreddmachine I’m slowly working my way through it. Soon I’ll be at the section on HD wallets, which should be particularly interesting considering the new Reddcoin wallets in development.