Once more possible application of Redd-Id

May be I have one idea how else Redd-Id can be used. For a while I’ve considered the idea of something like informal public contracts where a group of people informally assume mutual obligations. E.g. you live in a community and want to encourage local dog owners to clean up after their pets while walking them. Or you a political activist and want to initiate a political action but there are people who would join you if the number of participants of this action reaches a certain value. You offer in a local (e.g. municipal) public or in a political forum a “contract” and everybody who joins it obligates to perform it, e.g. to clean after its pet or participate in the action. Such obligation can be expressed in an absolute or contingent form (e.g. I will perform this contract, if the number of people assuming the same obligation reaches a certain threshold).
We can easily see evident vulnerabilities of this idea:

1. It is not a formal legal contract and there are no means to enforce a party of this contract to perform it via court or otherwise. Yet an obligation expressed in a clear form has a greater weight than a “like” under an Internet post or a voice in an Internet poll. The person joining this “contract” or wishing to join it will see in his android application the number of the people who have taken the same obligation, and, if this number is big enough, his commitment to his own obligation will grow.
  2. If this contract has an anonymous form, there are evident ways to compromise this contract by inflating the number of its participants via fake accounts. Partially this can be prevented by using PoW algorithms in the android-application but is also where Redd-ID can be applied. E.g. to ensure integrity of participants of such contracts, the reputation assigned to each ID as supposed in future Redd-Id versions can be used, or each participant can contribute some small collaterals (in RDD) in as proof of their identity. These coins can be also used to support this public initiative.
    Originally I see it as an android application, but see no big problems to integrate with Redd-Id, and it would greatly benefit from such integration. Not that I think it is an ideal solution for all cases. May be sometimes it will work and sometimes won’t , but it would an interesting social experiment, and may be in certain circumstances it would contribute in coordination of social activities.

Hello,

Super nice idea and nice post.

Sorry if there are mistakes in my post or if I got some concepts wrong, I’m quite new to RDD :slight_smile: (first post)

Yes this solution could definitely be used in some cases, but could you explain a bit more the wrong behavior management. For example if I do not come to a political event, what happened? The event take some RDD (and if I come they are refunded?)
Or does it impact my Redd-ID review? Like if I do great posts and videos I have points and good comments, but if I do not come to events then I loose some points or I have a bad comments. Should you be able to choose, money or review? Did I got it right?

In fact its going even further to have Redd-ID as the multi-platform, multi-currency, multi-language image/behavior/review for social involvement? If I understood correctly, with this app you add the IRL part.

Hello, thank you for your comment and interest.
I see this collateral not as a way to enforce anybody to anything but rather as a proof that you are a real person and as a proof of reality of participants’ intention in case if the “contract” is anonymous or has too many participants and you can’t identify each participant. So it can raise the mutual trust of participants. In fact Redd Id has some protection from generating fake persons, as you need to pay for your Id, but may be in some cases it can be insufficient. So after such a “contract” has expired or executed, coins of participants will be just returned to them. Except for one case: as I also mentioned, participants can agree to use these coins to help in implementation of their initiative.
As to the actual forms of such “contracts”, I think they can have multiple forms and modes and the initiating person (-s) will be able to choose the form: with or without collaterals, e.g. based on the pure reputation, anonymous (e.g. for countries with political repressions) or open, with an elected coordination group or without it, all depends on participants, goals, circumstances etc. Only life and practice will show, which of them will proove to be effective and in which cases.

Ok, so this is more to solve the issue that on lots of events majority of “people” are bots. With this solution, you will know that people are real because they have a Redd-ID and because they spent sum of money (RDD).
Like this you can track with the blockchain mechanism all the people from this event.
And how do you see the next steps? For implementation I mean

Let’s consider a concrete situation like one mentioned. You are a political activist or just a citizen who wants to protest against a step of your government. Of course you can go to the building of the government with your placard, but if you are alone it won’t be very effective and will be rather important for your self-esteem. So you publish a post in a political forum with a call to come to the governmental building, e.g. in Friday, 2 p.m,. You see several “likes” under your post but you don’t really know what they mean. People just like your ideas? Or they just consider to come but are not sure? And nobody who sees your post doesn’t know what these “likes” mean. May be some people will come anyway, but at least for a part of potential participants it will be important to know, how many people else will come because, for example, evidently three participants won’t impress the government and they will rather just waste their time. So you offer your “contract” with a mutual obligation to come to the government’s building Friday, 2 p.m. And everybody can see the list of joining people in a special android application. And if a person sees that for example 500 persons are going to come, his resolution to come too will grow. May be they will see people, they respect, or people with high Redd-Id reputation among the participant of this contract. The human is a social animal. When people see mutual support, they feel better and their will to act in a certain way becomes stronger. This application also compares favourably with usual Internet posts and polls not only due to more transparency and clearness but also due to fiexibility of forms and modes.
In fact It is a way to partially solve situations like the prisoner’s dilemma https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma often occurring in the real life: corporative behavior can be beneficial for all but in practice it often fails due to a lack of coordination. Such “contracts” are just a way of mutual information and coordination for such corporative behavior benefiting each. I repeat I don’t think it is an ideal instrument, and only life can show, how effective they can be.