Pledges

I just wanted to apologise for any delay on my part in writing something up here.
I was flattened (bed ridden) with the flu last week, I don’t think I have felt that sick ever.

Anyways, enough self-pity. I am back on deck

I wanted to thank everyone for submitting pledges on the forum, it shows that the community is still committed to get something done. With faithinreddcoin and redshift taking some initiative in getting the ball rolling it is very encouraging. And for those pledging, many thanks, especially GrayPhoenix who has pledged a significant amount

I think everyone is looking to developer to take the lead and create the address.
This is ok,
But before we get too excited I wanted to get a few things in order.

Firstly
To get started 3 of 5 multisig requires 5 pubkeys so that the multisig address can be created

A number of you have put up nominations,
I think it fitting that we put this to a vote (this forum has a voting capability which I am willing to try)

From the Community
FaithInReddcoin
GrayPhoenix
Redshift
Dan
AkshatBahety
Redd

I am also going to self-nominate the following devs (who can un-nominate themselves if they wish)
reddibrek
tralf
lionzeye
bigreddmachine
Gnasher

And the one who originally wrote the fine tutorial on multisig address creation
tecopos

Any suggestions on duration of voting (14 days?)
And I believe this should be a single vote, with the 5 selections being chosen from highest to lowest nominated

If there are others you think should be on this list, then please contact them so they can be included.(This list should not be so big)

Gnasher

Happy to help if I can

Voting sounds good…let’s get this setup and get you all paid for your work asap. :o) I’m a dev myself, and frankly it’s VERY hard to even do work for myself for free sometimes (schedule wise), so I know how it feels working hard without pay…not good in my opinion for a robust codebase completed in a timely manner.

Great idea.

Personally, id like to see this as a totally community controlled wallet. As I believe the community should decide what goes on with the community pledged funds?

Dan said:

Great idea.

Personally, id like to see this as a totally community controlled wallet. As I believe the community should decide what goes on with the community pledged funds?

Thats idea, we have the tools to vote for any development we decide to fund.

Gnasher Really nice it will move things forward

I’m happy with any and all of the listed users. A mix of community members and devs would be ideal.

Thanks all for your involvement and pledges
In that case, by the end of the week i will put up a list of candidates to vote for
(Sorry it cant be sooner, I have a murderous schedule this week)

I am still on board here for what ever tasks I can complete for the community.

1 Like