Potential Collaboration Between CoinAwesome and Reddcoin possible?

Guys, please have a look first.

CoinAwesome enables 1-click tipping any website and comes with the decentralized like-button for the Internet.

https://CoinAwesome.com

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999678.msg10853098

Would be glad to work with you to change how monetization on the web works!

MrAwesome

You have a 100% premine coin and “Distribution through “Proof-of-Face&Friends” and other free giveaways (Some coins will be sold for funding development and marketing).”

Can you explain your distribution plan in details?

100% premine means that after you have given some away to create a market and a price you could dump the rest on an exchange and profit. Also how are you going to cap it at 73billion on pos? are you just going to stop creating blocks when 73billion is reached?

I honestly don’t see a need to collaborate with your coin since I can’t see anything you could add to the reddcoin brand that is not currently implemented or in development.

good luck with your coin.

Reddcoin said:

MrAwesome

You have a 100% premine coin and “Distribution through “Proof-of-Face&Friends” and other free giveaways (Some coins will be sold for funding development and marketing).”

Can you explain your distribution plan in details?

Yeah, posted it inside the bitcointalk thread already. Please have a look there. It’s possible to have give-aways for ReddCoin-users too.

BrownSlaughter said:

100% premine means that after you have given some away to create a market and a price you could dump the rest on an exchange and profit. Also how are you going to cap it at 73billion on pos? are you just going to stop creating blocks when 73billion is reached?

I honestly don’t see a need to collaborate with your coin since I can’t see anything you could add to the reddcoin brand that is not currently implemented or in development.

good luck with your coin.

No, this is not how it works. 73 billion coins are fixed and already created. No new coins. We are not going to “dump” either. We follow more the Ripple approach. Ripple is currently number two behind Bitcoin in matters of marketcap.

*Please give our system a try. If you need some coins, post your address.

We are both Open Source projects with very similar goals (not like so many of the other coin scams). If we can save doing things twice that would be good for both of us and for the rest of the web.

MrAwesome why use POS then? why not just use scrypt since there will be no mining or no interest paid, I would take you up on the offer of free coins but I do not have an address.

BrownSlaughter Must be like NXT? Staking gets you fees only?

BrownSlaughter said:

MrAwesome why use POS then? why not just use scrypt since there will be no mining or no interest paid, I would take you up on the offer of free coins but I do not have an address.

Scrypt IS mining (with the scrypt hashing algorithm instead of SHA256).

No, it’s not like NXT. It is like Blackcoin, but yes, you get only transaction fees for staking. Detailed explanation also inside the Bitcointalk thread.

I just tipped this page here with AWE. The tip can be claimed by anybody who inserts an AWE address inside this thread automatically (click claim inside the wallet while on the page). Explanation how this works is also inside the Bitcointalk thread.

Description

so If i post an address like this
ASnoEdbQ1nVmKCFegEgZvjq7TQ7nU99r7b
it auto claims?
EDIT: I guess not

There doesnt seem to be a “claim” in the wallet, I do like the idea of being able to tip a web page for anyone to claim but awesome coin seems very difficult for anyone to get into for new people and has to rely on someone with coins already.

BrownSlaughter said:

it auto claims?

There doesnt seem to be a “claim” in the wallet, I do like the idea of being able to tip a web page for anyone to claim but awesome coin seems very difficult for anyone to get into for new people and has to rely on someone with coins already.

It’s not automatically yet, but can be in the future.

Here it is. I aggree that the UI could be improved. Check out the bounty section on community.coinawesome.com and maybe propose a bounty.

Description

Another thing: http://tip.coinawesome.com/topic/318/potential-collaboration-between-coinawesome-and-reddcoin-possible
Here you see the tip. You have to have exactly https://www.reddcointalk.org/topic/445/potential-collaboration-between-coinawesome-and-reddcoin-possible/7 inside your browser box to be able to claim it…

MrAwesome oh I see it now, hid that out the way didn’t you lol

anyway it said claim failed :confused:
Claimed it, I like the idea I am pretty sure reddcoin has something similar where the website owner can add a bit of code and be tipped similarly

BrownSlaughter Sorry, I forgot to mention something. Read my last post again :wink:

EDIT: GREAT :smiley:

EDIT2: this real-time streaming feature of NodeBB is supercool :slight_smile:

BrownSlaughter

Try out the awesome button on http://coinawesome.com/ when you already have got the extension.

MrAwesome Thanks but I can’t see my self adopting the coin, it does have a nice feature but I don’t like the only way to get coins is to know someone with coins I think its the 100% premine that gets to me. I may keep an eye on it further down the line and see how its getting on

BrownSlaughter Knowing people with coins will not be the only way to get coins. There is a free facebook giveaway already live and many other giveaways are planned as I already wrote.

It is not premined, because there is no mining at all.

MrAwesome said:

It is not premined, because there is no mining at all.

I get what you are saying but I see it as currently you own 99%-100% of all the coins before anyone can get any, that to me is 100% premined whether mineable or not,

I tried to send you a reddcoin tip as thanks for your time to explain your coin a little more to me but you dont seem to have added your address yet

BrownSlaughter
Of course you can get some (you even have already some) but not through mining. There will be also a crowd-sale starting this week which will be used to fund future development of the platform. We are also a registered Ltd. company btw. Naturally the creators own all the coins at time of the creation. This time will pass. We launched just 24 hours ago. Without spending our coins, the coins are worthless, we are fully aware of this.

BrownSlaughter said:

MrAwesome said:

I get what you are saying but I see it as currently you own 99%-100% of all the coins before anyone can get any, that to me is 100% premined whether mineable or not,

I guess you could call the coins “Mine”-able. LoL
It is first “Mine” then you can buy and make them yours - which is “Mine” in your perspective.

1 Like

lynxlee said:

BrownSlaughter said:

MrAwesome said:

I guess you could call the coins “Mine”-able. LoL
It is first “Mine” then you can buy and make them yours - which is “Mine” in your perspective.

Through not relying on PoW there can be free coins for everybody, even for people who have never had cryptocoins before and do not know about server configs. This is a huge advantage. If it is done right, it can be a more fair way to distribute coins. We try to do our best.

MrAwesome said:

BrownSlaughter said:

it auto claims?

It’s not automatically yet, but can be in the future.

Here it is. I aggree that the UI could be improved. Check out the bounty section on community.coinawesome.com and maybe propose a bounty.

Description

Another thing: http://tip.coinawesome.com/topic/318/potential-collaboration-between-coinawesome-and-reddcoin-possible
Here you see the tip. You have to have exactly https://www.reddcointalk.org/topic/445/potential-collaboration-between-coinawesome-and-reddcoin-possible/7 inside your browser box to be able to claim it…

Hey Mr. Awesome,

I like how you use the Internet URLs as a place to claim the coins. Kinda similiar style to CLAMS, eh? Real cool idea; but maybe not for me. I can imagine it’d be so much fun to a lot of fellas though.

Just that most of us haven’t got the time for these, I guess…? If you could convince some college fellas, I bet they’d flip. =P

Is there any protection over bots running around the urls finding “AWE”-someness though? Or can they claim it all too?

lynxlee
Yes, kind of like CLAMS. But we are not tipping every website in advance). The big websites (on Alexa) will need to embed the button which contains an AWE address too to participate in the automatic giveaway. This thread here got tipped manually through the browser wallet extension.

BTW we have got our first button integration on http://www.visumstudio.com/about/ (scroll down)