QT Wallet - network connections

My QT wallet just hit 32 connections for the first time ever. What are other people getting ? Have you experienced an increase recently ? If you’re running at 8 that’s probably because you didn’t set port forwarding on your broadband router or have incoming ports blocked by a firewall. The code only makes max 8 outgoing connections. The remainder are inbound connections. If you have inbound then you are supporting the network as a full node. I assume the max in/out is 32 - I should check the code but it’s late. But I feel strangely satisfied to be a good citizen full node :slight_smile:

henry Nice,
I have been up to 52 in the past. Just need to keep that baby running
For inbound and outbound connections
The max outbound is 8 connections, this is hardcoded

For inbound connections.
The default maxconnections is 125
If you have not set your router for port forwarding, this will only reach 8 connections
If you have correctly configured your port forwarding (full node) then the max connections achievable is 125.
This number can be controlled in the conf file or command line by setting maxconnections=

3 Likes

Interesting. It takes a few days of continuous and uninterrupted internet connectivity to harvest a decent number of incoming connections. One single blip and you’re knocked back to your 8 outgoing connections which get re-established pretty quickly. I run my wallet on my laptop which explains a lot. I only got up to 32 connections with 3 days of continuous connectivity which is rare because I’m so often on the move. So whilst my OS thinks it gets weeks even months of uptime thanks to suspend and hibernate, the same cannot be said of its internet connection. Putting my wallet in the cloud is not the answer because of the trust & control issues. So I guess this is my excuse finally to get a Rasberry Pi :slight_smile: I’ll call it “StakePi” - all the more funny because I’m a vegetarian :slight_smile:

2 Likes

henry Definately something like a Raspberry would be the way to go, Low power, and dedicated application.
If i recall, quite some time back, someone was promoting the same sort of idea.
Actually, jogging a few more memory cells, there is a Bitcoin based project (https://bitseed.org/) that could be adapted for the same

1 Like

henry 32 has been my max and 4 my minimum.

1 Like

[Insert Evil Laugh here]

img

Anyway… AFAIK i’m the only RDD spanish node so what’s the deal? My ISP is greedy even for that!

PS: Yes, it’s a dedicated RasPi and the last smoke i had tasted weird.

3 Likes

New active node in Vermont! Just about synced up. 76.119.120.125. Also a minecraft server with map…

2 Likes

bmp02050 building a core network step by step.

bmp02050 tell more about the minecraft server? do you have some plans to incorporate crypto ??

Didi
man, that is looking good…
connection envy

2 Likes

Gnasher I would love to! Since I have my own server at home and am running windows 8.1 I think I’ll be able to do more with it. I was researching ways to create custom commands within MC to buy/sell/send items. I’ll have to dig into that more, but the possibility of creating an actual economy within MC based on RDD and the limited resources is quite perfect. It’s a survival server set on easy, but that can change any time.

2 Likes

bmp02050 said:

New active node in Vermont! Just about synced up. 76.119.120.125. Also a minecraft server with map…

Scratch that, just use bradleyploof.noip.me

2 Likes

bmp02050
You posted on the wrong thread,
https://www.reddcointalk.org/topic/688/building-network-services/14
But if you are after come good connections, i have just pipped Didi

Sweet connections

Gnasher Holy Connections Batman!

bmp02050
Thats about where my connections usually hover.
My settings are default (max 128 connections)
Nothing special, except to keep the wallet running

henry I have 25 connections right now.

1 Like

Ok, I think I get bragging Rights
Imgur

3 Likes

Only 5 connections on average for me :frowning:

79 active connections

Holy… that’s a crapload of nodes, all things considered.

The more stable your connection, the more chances that you will have other nodes with incoming connections