ReddAPI is shutting down! Withdraw your funds!

Just got a Mail from ReddAPI that I should withdraw my funds ASAP.
The message also contained a link to the following page: https://www.reddapi.com/TheEnd

“WITHDRAW ALL FUNDS BY FEBUARY 19th 2015 PLEASE!”

Dang…

1 Like

He does give a deadline of over a month…

2 Likes

Its a shame, he did some awesome work and made it easy for developers to incorporate reddcoin into services.

I feel sorry for the people who use his service as it will look bad on them when their service fails.

3 Likes

BrownSlaughter I’m kind of lucky because reddcoin.at is still in beta. I have to recreate the faucet functionality which will take some time because I have to create a secure environment to store the donated coins.

I think there will be a lot auf faucets shutting down in the next days :frowning:

It’s sad it was a great api

1 Like

I like how he flips his shit over Reddcoin having some blips and yet i remember MULTIPLE times when REDDapi was down.

2 Likes

To be, or not to be…

1 Like

Will this affect Reddroom poker? What does this really mean? How will the community be impacted? This sounds to me like kind of a big deal.

1 Like
  1. The article is full of lies. Although I really don’t want to drag myself down to such low level and waste more time on this, I’m happy to provide evidence to refute any statement if anyone asks for it.

2. I apologise for any inconvenience this causes to any service. Given the fact that the vast majority of services are faucets, I’d like to offer technical help on how to build a faucet using our Reddcoin developer libraries and official Reddsight-API

Let me know what I can do to help.

8 Likes

laudney I could use some help switching beta.reddcoin.at faucet from ReddAPI to Reddsight-API

1 Like

laundey What’s up with the fake reddit/twitter accounts?

hydrazine Someone most certainly bought them at the earliest stage of the project. The main suspect is /u/BTCillionaire but there is no proof and he vehemently denied.

3 Likes

ReddcoinRocks What programming language?

1 Like

laudney I’m using c# but javascript or php syntax would be fine too.

1 Like

ReddcoinRocks Setting up a faucet using Reddsight-API is really straightforward. You don’t even need to maintain a wallet or blockchain. Just keep your funds in one of your own wallet address, use the corresponding private key and developer library (e.g. in Python or Javascript) to create a new transaction and sign it and then broadcast it using Reddsight-API.

I’ll start preparing tutorials tomorrow.

7 Likes

laudney very nice! thanks for your help.

2 Likes

laudney said:

ReddcoinRocks Setting up a faucet using Reddsight-API is really straightforward. You don’t even need to maintain a wallet or blockchain. Just keep your funds in one of your own wallet address, use the corresponding private key and developer library (e.g. in Python or Javascript) to create a new transaction and sign it and then broadcast it using Reddsight-API.

I’ll start preparing tutorials tomorrow.

Great looking forward to dip my toes in a little crypto dev.

1 Like

Its sad to see someone basically take their toys and leave, but it is what it is I guess.

2 Likes

I think I’m going to dig into Reddsight-API over the next month or two and see if I can’t get caught up on the API myself. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sad. I know he put a lot of work into it. I prefer a solution that belongs to reddcoin so I wouldnt have used it for any projects. Ive learned the hard way in the past, with google and their penchant for shutting down services.

I will say that in my opinion, if he is going to go, better sooner than later before more people come to rely on it.

10 Likes