reddcoin-qt wallet not loading

I have the reddcoin-qt wallet installed on my laptop, it worked for a month or so but now it will not load.
All I get is the following messages " Error opening block database. Do you want to rebuild the database now? OK or Abort"
I press “OK”
Next error message “Error opening block database”
I have made backup wallet files.
Please advise on how to recover.

Chisel Hi Chisel, before doing anything make sure your wallet.dat is backed up and kept safe.

I would suggest downloading the latest bootstrap.dat (from cryptochainer.chains) close down wallet and install it to C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Reddcoin then restart your computer.

If that doesn’t work do a fresh wallet download and install, then place your wallet.dat and bootstrap into C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\Reddcoin then restart your computer.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

A fresh install alone won’t help I think.
After you’ve backed up your wallet.dat just remove “blocks” and “chainstate” folder.
Then try to start Reddcoin-qt again.

ball0r Hi, can you tell me where to find these folders? I’ve searched everywhere (Macbook) but cannot find them. My blocks are not syncing for days now. Thanks in advance.

MHerb
The Library Folder is hidden.
You have to go to “Users”>“Your Username”.
In the top bar View > "Show View Options and check “Show Library Folder” there.
After that you can browse to Users>“Your Username”>Library>Application Support>Reddcoin
These screenshots should help
Just close Reddcoin-qt, backup your wallet.dat and remove “blocks” and “chainstate”.
Keep the wallet.dat save - without this file you wont be able to access your Reddcoin!

ball0r Found it! Thanks for your help. Wallet is syncing again.