naro
didi
elkan
ReddcoinRocks
m3ndi3
grayphoenix
artiscience
iisurge

…and some exciting details for the rest of the Reddcoin community.
I would like to announce the first cut of the tip platform as it is now nearing completion. If the previous beta testers have time, I would like you to give it a spin before i hand the code over to the forum. If you forgot the URL, PM me and i will re-send it to you.
I think it is now pretty close and for a first release i have covered my main objectives.

Key Features

• Decentralised (no storing of your coins - all tip storage and transfers are direct wallet to wallet)
  • Embedded forum tip button that utilises BIP21 (URI linking to use your Reddcoin wallet)
  • Will use Chrome Wallet App, and the QT wallet if the Chrome App is not installed *
  • Forum Notifications for arriving tips.
  • Your incoming tip history is available on your profile menu and based on your registered tip address
  • Registration is by a custom setting in your profile to contain your tip address.
  • You can update your tip address when ever you desire

: * Note: URI support with wallets and OS is somewhat sporatic. I had a discussion with laudney during my development cycles and my next task will be document what is possible. If you have any notes on testing you may have done it would be appreciated if i could wrap those details into a single document. This is not clearly documented for all platforms (even in bitcoin world where it originated), so if it is not working for you, let me know so i can put it on the list to be documented.

Some details on the development process

The process of developing this plugin was a little crazy.
But after hearing the calls for progress from the forum members about 4 weeks ago, I decided to take on this challenge after discussions with laudney.
Like you, i was feeling a little frustrated with what seems to be slow progress, and I wanted to help progress things along.
This is a great community, and i want to see it grow

So this was my call to action!!

Some of the challenges faced however were:

• I have a full time job that consumes a lot of my time
  • I was about to be on an OS deployment for work for about a week in Malaysia
  • I had downloaded the latest and greatest nodeBB version (0.6.0)
  • Reddcointalk was on version 0.5.4
  • incompatibilities between all nodebb versions within in the plugin API (noddebb is constantly being updated)
  • Had to learn 3 different systems, and get a dev lab setup and be mobile
  • Had to wait for nodebb 0.6.1 to be released (and there where some discovered bugs to be resolved)
  • Finally, satisfy myself that there is enough done to make the system work for you

Phew

Good news is, I think we are now good to go!!

Gnasher first! woot woot!

1 Like

Exciting!! Great job!

YouCanDoAnything Hopefully, we can use this as a launch pad for future features.
I have a few other ideas to work on, and i am interested to hear from everyone what they would like to see.
SocialX is a big part of the technology, but there are many other things that we need to bring together.

This is a “social technology”
I want to bring the social back :slight_smile:

+1 FaithInReddcoin

Gnasher It sounds awesome. A decentralized forum tipping function has many uses from what I can tell.

Any chance of open sourcing this as a way of possibly bringing in others who are excited with working with the dev who developed it? Obviously people would add it to their coins and version of nodebb, however it will always be noted that it started here. Would bring reddcoin to another level, esp notoriety.

YouCanDoAnything
Yes, this is my intention.
I have been sharing some very small teasers on the nodebb community forum

My general thoughts are that we have a competitive start.
First to iron out any bugs,
Second to bring in any ‘must have’ features that make it a killer plugin

I have already given laudney has access to my code for review
My initial plans were to extend the capabilities of this plugin to become compatible for all coins (or someone could take this on).
However, i may change that though and focus more on what we need here.

Gnasher That sounds like the path I would take. Normally I am all for proprietary functions, but in this case it may bring in more interest into rdd since it has the dev who developed it.

Public relations seems to be a strong point of rdd when its on top of its game.

Great work

Great news Gnasher! I’ll see if I can get some testing in this evening.

1 Like

YouCanDoAnything
I think we are on the same page.
The Crypto environment is such a competitive space.
And there are plenty would would like to take, with out contributing to the success of what is being done here.
This community has taken a quite a hit these last months, and without dwelling on the past some rebuilding needs to be done.

Price means squat to me atm. Features and functionality is everything.
I prefer to see it bob along under 10 while we lay the foundations.
Then have a well placed marketing push when we are ready.

I have the luxury of a full time job…
But it bites me for time to write code.
Thankfully i have an understanding family

1 Like

reddibrek
Thanks man, i think i have covered everything.
PM me if you need

Gnasher

Can I help testing without tech-background? If GUI design is needed I can help out. With everything else: looking forward to help out.

Tips to you!

artiscience
PM sent with details.

Gnasher Great to hear that it’s ready to be integrated into reddcointalk. Anything specific to (re-)test? What I have seen so far looks solid!

Thanks ReddcoinRocks
the new features added were the history page and notification.
To test the notifications, you will need to be logged in, and then send yourself a small tip
Other than that, verifying that everything is still solid

Gnasher said:

Calling my previous “ReddCoin Tip Button” Beta Testers

reddibrek
oliver
naro
didi
elkan
ReddcoinRocks
m3ndi3
grayphoenix
artiscience
iisurge

…and some exciting details for the rest of the Reddcoin community.
I would like to announce the first cut of the tip platform as it is now nearing completion. If the previous beta testers have time, I would like you to give it a spin before i hand the code over to the forum. If you forgot the URL, PM me and i will re-send it to you.
I think it is now pretty close and for a first release i have covered my main objectives.

Key Features

• Decentralised (no storing of your coins - all tip storage and transfers are direct wallet to wallet)
  • Embedded forum tip button that utilises BIP21 (URI linking to use your Reddcoin wallet)
  • Will use Chrome Wallet App, and the QT wallet if the Chrome App is not installed *
  • Forum Notifications for arriving tips.
  • Your incoming tip history is available on your profile menu and based on your registered tip address
  • Registration is by a custom setting in your profile to contain your tip address.
  • You can update your tip address when ever you desire

: * Note: URI support with wallets and OS is somewhat sporatic. I had a discussion with laudney during my development cycles and my next task will be document what is possible. If you have any notes on testing you may have done it would be appreciated if i could wrap those details into a single document. This is not clearly documented for all platforms (even in bitcoin world where it originated), so if it is not working for you, let me know so i can put it on the list to be documented.

Some details on the development process

The process of developing this plugin was a little crazy.
But after hearing the calls for progress from the forum members about 4 weeks ago, I decided to take on this challenge after discussions with laudney.
Like you, i was feeling a little frustrated with what seems to be slow progress, and I wanted to help progress things along.
This is a great community, and i want to see it grow

So this was my call to action!!

Some of the challenges faced however were:

• I have a full time job that consumes a lot of my time
  • I was about to be on an OS deployment for work for about a week in Malaysia
  • I had downloaded the latest and greatest nodeBB version (0.6.0)
  • Reddcointalk was on version 0.5.4
  • incompatibilities between all nodebb versions within in the plugin API (noddebb is constantly being updated)
  • Had to learn 3 different systems, and get a dev lab setup and be mobile
  • Had to wait for nodebb 0.6.1 to be released (and there where some discovered bugs to be resolved)
  • Finally, satisfy myself that there is enough done to make the system work for you

Phew

Good news is, I think we are now good to go!!

Thank you! Ill be on the platform shorty :smiley:

Windows 7 & chrome working well without the RDD extension plugin (wallet loaded properly!)

Gnasher Uh I thought you were in Kuala Lumpur. But there is already a notification and history? great news! Testing it right now.

I don’t see a notification but the transaction is in the history of the extension.
In the console I can find:

GET http://xxx/templates/alert.tpl

304 Not Modified
464ms"

and its calling live.reddcoin.com, so it seems the notification is triggered but not shown?

I also found this error:

Error: Load timeout for modules: csrf,notifications,chat,templates http://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#timeout

…c=c[b]});return c}function B(b,c,d,m){c=Error(c+"\nhttp://requirejs.org/docs/err…

// EDIT: Your connection is so so slow… I think it’s just loading half of the javascript stuff. I will test again later.

ReddcoinRocks
That may be because i just had a DSL shutdown.
If you have time, could you give it another run through

Gnasher Is the page running slowly or is it my computer having an issue with the tip button?

I will look more into it tomorrow.

artiscience
I am running this on a remote node on a DSL link which is also shared.
I havent profiled the link for the nodebb as it only temp while under development
I also have had internet issues over the last couple of hours… so hopefully full access will be available shortly.

Let me know if your not able to connect and i will investigate deeper.
Thanks for helping out