Reddheads newsletter - Interview with Laudney

The interview with Laudney, in which he answered questions put by the community, was published in the Reddheads newsletter on Wednesday. Here’s a link!

Interesting write up. Based on the recent events I decided to withdraw from being involved in Reddcoin. As I explained in another thread I was absolutely turned down by the unwillingless to name any sort of deadlines. Since laudney´s harsh response towards people who were stressing the need for roadmap transparency (which in my understanding has to include dates) I got the sensation that my expectations with Reddcoin were too optimistic and that it is in fact what it is: a hobby project. You could say that I should have known this before and that´s true, I simply overestimated progress and perspective of Reddcoin.

I will consider to get in again after the promising features that we all are waiting for have been implemented. I enjoyed the time mostly and hope that the project will eventually be carried out - I simply lack of confidence that this is going to happen anytime soon.

3 Likes

artiscience Sorry to see you’re taking a hiatus but I can understand some of your frustration. I hope you come back once Social X is closer to completion.

reddibrek I’m getting excited for the HD wallets and then Redd-ID. Is there a new installment of the newsletter coming this Wednesday?

GrayPhoenix The newsletter comes every two weeks and this Wednesday it’s due!

But before HD wallets and Redd-ID we have upgrades to the browser wallet to complete. This element of the project is fundmental to future plans so it has to be right.

For the newsletter I’ll explain about how we’ve been collaborating on this part of Reddcoin. It may be a little mundane but I reckon people might like to get a bit of insight into what goes on “behind the scenes”.

3 Likes

reddibrek said:

For the newsletter I’ll explain about how we’ve been collaborating on this part of Reddcoin. It may be a little mundane but I reckon people might like to get a bit of insight into what goes on “behind the scenes”.

Believe it or not that’s exactly what I wanted to ask you about. Perfect.

1 Like

reddibrek As a guy who’s always been behind the scenes (I was the lighting/sound engineer for high school plays, still a DJ and a programmer), I love to know how things work. I was that kid that took my toys apart to see what moved them. Or took my computer apart after it died to see if I could fix it (usually something simple like a clogged CPU fan). Can’t wait for the next edition! :slight_smile:

1 Like