Reddroom.com - Reddcoin Poker

Seasons Greetings everyone

Thought it was about time to move the Reddroom thread over to the shiny new forums.

For anybody who has not yet been to reddroom it’s a poker room that uses reddcoin as it’s only currency - 1RDD = 1chip

F.A.Q

• How do I play?
    Create an account here
    After registration your unique wallet address will be created. Deposit any amount of reddcoin to that address and hit “Update balance” after 6 confirmations you will be ready to play via the link provided in your account page.

• Are my coins safe?
    Sending coins to any third party carries risk. we have created a deposit system that we personally would trust to hold any number of coins. Additionally there are multiple emergency measures in place to ensure that your coins are as safe as possible.

• Can I invest in Reddroom?
    No, Reddroom is privately funded and will remain that way indefinitely.

• Where do I go for support?
    Email reddroompkrgmail.com or preferably message me here as I check the forums very often.

Thank you for reading. Feel free to ask anything in the thread below :slight_smile:

Vuudo

Vuudo Put a 25k RDD freeroll up for anybody that wants to give it a shot for free :slight_smile:

1 Like

it has never let me create an account, it always comes up an error and says to contact support

1 Like

BrownSlaughter

Is this on a desktop or mobile?, I know there is sometimes an issue with the page timing out, a refresh usually solves it.

1 Like

its on desktop I have tried several times since your site popped up

BrownSlaughter

That is strange account registrations usually work fine, I am going to private message you, lets try sort this out :slight_smile:

1 Like

rehctelf Getting a solid playerbase has been a uphill struggle, I hope as the community grows we will pick up some more poker enthusiasts. As for the freerolls that is a damn fine idea lets give it a try.

1 Like

Why not have a designated “Poker Night” until things pick up? That way everyone is on at the same time.

Maybe something like Thursdays or Fridays from 6pm-10pm EST (11pm-3pm UTC) to capture the most US and UK based players?

3 Likes

I tried to register and also got an error.

1 Like

GrayPhoenix said:

Why not have a designated “Poker Night” until things pick up? That way everyone is on at the same time.

Maybe something like Thursdays or Fridays from 6pm-10pm EST (11pm-3pm UTC) to capture the most US and UK based players?

Think this would be the ideal way of going about this, that and hosting tournaments.

I love watching Texas Holdem I played in one live game and came in second place…last hand on the final table lost 800 dollars…won 300 it was a blast.

1 Like

Server will be down while we try move to another api system…

Vuudo What programming language do you use?

laudney Mostly php with a bit of “whatever I have to use to get the job done” :slight_smile:

Vuudo Is it possible for me to use your PHP framework for creating and maintaining users? Or whatever language you use to get that job done… :slight_smile: I need to build a login/signup page for my game and I figured you already have the stuff I need, rather than my rewriting the whole thing. I’ll pay you in RDD…

bmp02050 literally putting all of that together as we speak, proving to be a tough one but the moment we have a working solution ill drop you a line.

Actually having a api create a user is not hard. it is the security around it that becomes tricky. Along with where to store the coins etc. Happy to share what ever we find for the price of ZERO RDD.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Vuudo I greatly appreciate that! Yeah, the actual user creation isn’t hard, but the security is where I want to be uptight about. No need to put a black mark on my name or Reddcoin. And dammit, if I want to pay you something, I will!

EDIT: As far as storing coins: I want to use a SQL database to hold the user name, password (salted of course, perhaps even peppered HA!), their email address, and their RDD Address on the server wallet. That way, when one user wants to use their coin, they can use their email or username to get their reddcoin address, so no need to remember the long RXXXXXXX address. At least until the ReddID comes out.

1 Like

bmp02050

Yes I think one of the largest factors to consider will be verifying the user and implementing some sort of two factor auth. Nobody wants a frontpage post saying "All my reddcoins have been stolen from “insert project here”.

and fine it now costs 1 rdd. :smiley:

1 Like

Vuudo I was thinking of using multi-sig, which would mean that users would have to wait until I verified the transaction as well, or they got an automated email that would authenticate the second signature. But I want to have instant transactions…

I’d love to take a look at it once it’s back online.