Retrieve wallet problem

Hi. I’m looking for someone who can help me to retrieve my Reddcoins back. Two days ago I reformatted my laptop and changed OS from Win7 to Win10. Yesterday I installed all stuff including Reddcoin-qt wallet and my big problem has begun. I thought that after installing Reddcoin wallet I just type my password and that’s it, I can enjoy my Reddcoins, just like my IOTA wallet and JAXX wallet, but no. I’ve learned that i need some bullshit called wallet.dat. which I didn’t save it. So I used Recuva software to retrieve this bullshit from my reformatted hard drive, and I did it, but there is never so easy. When I replace this file and start up Reddcoin wallet I get nothing but some shit error “wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed”. And there comes the main question. How to connect to my wallet using only my password? and second how to fix this bullshit called wallet.dat?

The bullshit wallet.dat file is the actual wallet…thats where all your private keys are stored. lionzeye may have a couple of tools that may help…

I would suggest using -salvagewallet in the command line to start the wallet. If it fails again, you’ll have some extra work to do…

1 Like

bmp02050 said in Retrieve wallet problem:

The bullshit wallet.dat file is the actual wallet…

Now I know that too. I was misled by my two other wallets which do not need some backup files to work…

lionzeye may have a couple of tools that may help…

I have tried some of his tools, but I’m a total greenhorn and I don’t have any idea how to use properly those tools. I’ve spent whole day to figure it out, but didn’t succeed.

I would suggest using -salvagewallet in the command line to start the wallet. If it fails again, you’ll have some extra work to do…

I have tried it too, but afrer using this command wallet just flash on my screen for less than half second and nothing more happens. Saying wallet I meant loading screen of wallet :wink:

Hi! Did you figure it out? I have the exact same problem and I would be grateful if you could help me. I will consider a reddcoin donation too if I get my hands on them.