Ryan X.Charles I am reaching out to him and any one else could too

https://twitter.com/ryanxcharles
By Ryan X. Charles

For a brief but glorious time, I was the cryptocurrency engineer at reddit. Yes, that was my actual title and it was actually awesome. Although I was publicly hired to work on cryptocurrency, we actually had a secret, higher priority goal: we wanted to decentralize reddit.

reddit is a uniquely internet thing. Because identities are pseudonymous, people aren’t afraid to express themselves. Combined with a simple but effective reputation system, this leads to a faster-paced, higher-quality production of cultural content than anything else in the history of the world. Most of the content is positive, and some of it is disturbing. It’s the emotional core of humanity freed from the cumbersome constraints of physical reality. reddit is internetland.

I’ve collaborated with a lot of other people to produce some of the fundamental software necessary to make a decentralized reddit (see all my projects on GitHub — especially this one). It’s not done yet and there is no prototype, but I would love to find collaborators to build something concrete. If you’re interested, please reach out to me at my twitter handle at Google’s popular mail domain.

Ryan X. Charles is a bitcoin engineer. This post first appeared on Medium.

Redshift Ryan is also involved with the onename project which is an open collaboration

Gnasher We could do worse than ask if he can have a look at what we are trying to do here and ask for advice and help if he has the time. He has a skill set we could absolutely use.