Speed up initial wallet sync on Windows/Mac

Thanks a lot ball0r
Worked like a charm

ball0r Hi Thanks for help with initial wallet sync. It worked.
BUT :frowning: I also have no connection
‘No block sourse availible’…

Firewall is deaktivated. What else could I do?

tasha unlock your wallet

Hi all,
Im fresh out the box For Reddcoin and have just downloaded the wallet after purchasing some coins.
Ive downloaded the quick syn folder. Do i just add the new folder to the reddcoin folder or do i open it and add the folders seperately, Im being a bit of a numb skull here.
Thanks for your time
Lex

lex said in Speed up initial wallet sync on Windows/Mac:

Hi all,
Im fresh out the box For Reddcoin and have just downloaded the wallet after purchasing some coins.
Ive downloaded the quick syn folder. Do i just add the new folder to the reddcoin folder or do i open it and add the folders seperately, Im being a bit of a numb skull here.
Thanks for your time
Lex

All sorted Many thanks
The instructions worked a treat.

ball0r Hi, I am basically pc illiterate and noewhave opened up my redcoin wallet and my quick sync just opened up but Im not sure what to do or how to . Also I have deleted all my previous rdd coin anything on my pc includijng my wallet.bat but I have the original receiving address. If you can help me with everything I will tip 2500 rddcoin to

PasCarbs
Could you please tell me how?
OS windows 10 64 bit
I’ve read some disskusions about, but nothing that works…
Schould I add this .conf file??
( it was about old wallet Version)

ball0r Great! In step 3 when you say "Library is hidden too so you have to go to /Users/“user” then in the top bar “View -> Show View Options” and activate “Show Library Folder” When I click “View” in the top tool bar "Show View Options and Activate aren’t options. Am I clicking on “View” in the wrong place? Thanks for your help… Merry Christmas!

why is download of this file so massive and taking forever? did I do something wrong? why is all this so damn complicated? Why didn’t Reddcoin make a user friendly wallet system? Just a bit frustrated. I also took an address from receive window in wallet and transferred 1K Reddcoin but wallet was not synced. Will this 1K show up once this whole syncing process is over? So far file download is 995 MB and still going… isn’t this going to absorb a hell of a lot of memory space also?

Efte how long did it take to download the file to enable sync? I’m up to 1.5 GB and still going for over an hour…maybe I’m doing something wrong… looks like it’s gonna download a massive file… what’s going on here?

Redd3030
The file is about 2.6GB (i have noted that in my instructions)
You’re lucky this is not bitcoin - we’re talking about 160GB here :wink:

Your balance will show up after your wallet is fully synced, don’t worry about that.

patrickdamon
Here I’ve uploaded two screenshots for you.
I hope they will help you.
You have to be in the right directory until this option comes available.

ball0r Hi, I am basically pc illiterate and now have opened up my redcoin wallet and my quick sync just opened up but Im not sure what to do or how to . Also I have deleted all my previous rdd coin anything on my pc includijng my wallet.bat but I have the original receiving address. If you can help me with everything I will tip 2500 rddcoin to your account

Jordan533
Unfortunately if you don’t have a backup of your wallet.dat or private key you won’t be able to get your Reddcoin back - I’m very sorry about that!
The receiving address alone is not enough to give you access to your coins.
When did you delete the files?
Maybe they are still in the trash bin?

while trying to set up my RDD wallet it never gave me a private key. I take pic of every transaction. I just went to where you said. I also have the wallet.dat in my recyce bin and it says:
The destination already has a file named wallet.dat and I have several choices:
1.reolace the file in the destination
2.skip this file
3.compare info for both files

Which should I choosez/

Jordan533

Did you send any RDD to the new wallet address? if not and it is empty you can just replace the file in the destination folder. Wait for the wallet to sync and you should see your balance as long as that is the old wallet you found in the recycle bin. Good luck. And give the 2500 RDD to ballor. He deserves it more than me.

Thank you,
CoinChaos

Jordan533
You have do some magic tricks to get to your private keys. (its too late for that)
It looks like there’s still hope to get your coins back with that file in your trash bin.
But don’t rush this - before you delete anything accidentially move your files to another location.
If this already existing wallet.dat wasn’t used at any time you’re safe to override it but if you’re not sure -> move it!

said in Speed up initial wallet sync on Windows/Mac:

/Users/ “user”/Library/Application Support/Reddcoin

how long does it take syn to complete after downloading file & adding to Reddcoin folder in library? So far I browse over where says syncing with network and it shows “catching up and processing blocks” - My sync indicator has not moved. I shut down the computer after download & opened up Redd Wallet again but still no insync.

DayTrader I got same issue… did you copy and past downloaded file from above and paste into your Reddcoin folder located in library files? that’s what I did, but no syncing seems to be occurring so far. I scrolled over the in process below and it shows a window saying it’s catching up to 148,503 blocks…will not show history after… the whole thing is bizarre right now…what an odyssey…not sure why so many say it was a piece of cake…I don’t want to rip it out and upload another Reddcoin application wallet because I sent 1K Reddcoin over to the unsynced wallet…if I can get it kick started then maybe I won’t lose the 1K coins…if I restart whole process I will prob lose the 1K… should have saw whole syn thing before but…didn’t catch it

Redd3030

That is the wrong file. File location is C:\Users"your user name here"\AppData\Roaming\Reddcoin

Redd3030 also go into your wallet right now and go to file and backup your wallet. Save it multiple locations. as long as you have that wallet file you are good. nothing will be lost. Just don’t lose the wallet file you sent the RDD too. When you get the syncing figured out you will see your balance. But your balance is there, you just cant see it.