There is now a bot to direct people here when they post on the Reddcoin subreddit

New people should be able to find the official forums easier :slight_smile:

It replies when new threads are made

Edit: It will now only tell you the first time you make a new thread and never again :slight_smile:

BrownSlaughter Cool idea! :wink:

1 Like

BrownSlaughter Well done!

BrownSlaughter Great Idea. But now we need a bot that upvotes the posts of your bot :wink:

2 Likes

[–]RddCompanionTipper 0 points 52 minutes ago
Hi stefioan
The main activity and chat has moved to the official forums ReddcoinTalk.org
You will recieve have higher visability and recieve quicker replies there.

Is this the tipbot?

bmp02050
yes it was my tip bot, now it is a redirect bot that keep crapping out. I need to impliment error handling into it :stuck_out_tongue:

edit1:error handling added, we shall see if it works when it breaks

edit2: fixed my broken english lol

Is there a standard bot framework or templates? As a noob, Id like to try my hand at a bot.

BrownSlaughter LOL, broken English…

YouCanDoAnything not really my bot was wrote in python and uses praw. I started by seeing how a bot works using https://github.com/Healdb/random_act_of_doge_bot as a basis as I thought it did most the things I wanted.

After poking around and testing I realised it only tipped the last comment and was not random at all. I set to work rewriting it so it was in fact random and that it would remember the comments it had tipped by saving to text file and reading it before tipping again. I also added a blacklist of people who did not want tipping and later added multiple outcomes for halloween (zombie. ghost, invasion, etc) all with different messages and tip values aswell as logging to see who was tipped and how much.

The best way to start is look at that doge tip bot and look at what praw can do.

Disclaimer: I had no python coding knowledge when I started and still have very little now

1 Like

Nice idea but I still don’t see why we’re not using the subreddit… It’s not like reddit is dead, and there is still some traffic over there. I’ve always been a fan of forums but I’m also a fan of reddit as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ReddForum The problem was people from other subreddits went on a down voting spree also there is more control on how it is set out and things can be added and removed. Reddit is fine but coins need their own identity

BrownSlaughter I never noticed that, but I also took a 6 month break :stuck_out_tongue:

ReddForum its still on going, if you take a look you will often see people on 0 points or below due to down voting.

its rather pathetic

BrownSlaughter said:

ReddForum The problem was people from other subreddits went on a down voting spree also there is more control on how it is set out and things can be added and removed. Reddit is fine but coins need their own identity

Ya I’ve read that but it we abandoned reddit it seems like we’re letting “them” win… I personally go through the reddcoin forums and upvote everything when I can.

I’m just saying reddit is powerful and shouldn’t be left out before a few bad apples are trying to keep us down :slight_smile:

ReddForum well the bot has been removed and I don’t visit anymore

I was all for sticking around and helping but the downvotes and attitude of people I can just do without

YouCanDoAnything said:

Is there a standard bot framework or templates? As a noob, Id like to try my hand at a bot.

To add to the link BrownSlaughter provided, this is a great collection of reddit bots in Python:

https://github.com/voussoir/reddit

Every reddit bot I’ve ever made is at least in part based on something there.

bigreddmachine a very good selection of bots there

There is also my bots now hosted on the redheads dev git
https://github.com/Reddhead-devs/Reddcoin-reddit-bots

BrownSlaughter

Isn’t reddcoin a social tipping platform?

We can tip on reddit, and we can’t tip on this nodebb setup.

Seems obvious that we shouldn’t toss out reddit completely… but maybe it’s just me…lol

Personally, I think that this should be our main base of operations but all official announcements should be linked to on each major social network. That way everyone stays up-to-date, progress receives maximum visibility, and new or casual Reddheads can discuss the coin on their preferred site without needing to set up an account here if they don’t want to or are not quite ready to.

In the coming years many people will be exposed to Reddcoin by receiving a tip on their favorite social network. It would be ideal if there was some discussion taking place about the coin on those networks so that new users could get accustomed to using it.

It’s a bit of a conundrum. How do we reach as many people as possible without spreading our resources too thin or duplicating discussions? What will people’s first experience with Reddcoin be? Something to think about.

3 Likes

GrayPhoenix I don´t think that it makes sense to “waste” too much time to advertise Reddcoin at the current moment, we should wait till the core functionality, SocialX, is delivered. For now, Reddcoin has no unique selling proposition. When it has, the advertising can begin. Right now, I think it´s mostly a waste on ressources that can be used otherwise.

1 Like