Transaction conflicted. Coins lost in the matrix.

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y317/bitsworth/ReddTx_zpsfisvvwcu.gif

This is a transaction that I made last year and had all but forgot about, but I wanted to see if anyone had some insight into what happened here. I have just finished downloading the latest wallet and it has fully synced, yet it still shows this transaction as conflicted.

I tried to send these coins to the poloniex exchange deposit address RjZL4nZPYUknZb53k4P2iym2rKJfwAFtS1 and according to the block explorer, this address has never received any coins. The TxID 5832f3dd23c9ff76d25320515e28febf2c975276fe89256b2d68e81eb3492bb1 says No matching records found!

My question is can these coins be retrieved or are they lost forever? Is there a way to delete a transaction from the blockchain? so that my wallet doesn’t recognize this transaction that didn’t actually happen. Thanks.

whatsabitworth said:

I tried to send these coins to the poloniex exchange deposit address RjZL4nZPYUknZb53k4P2iym2rKJfwAFtS1 and according to the block explorer, this address has never received any coins. The TxID 5832f3dd23c9ff76d25320515e28febf2c975276fe89256b2d68e81eb3492bb1 says No matching records found!

If that TxID does not show on the block chain then the coins were never sent or left your wallet

My question is can these coins be retrieved or are they lost forever? Is there a way to delete a transaction from the blockchain? so that my wallet doesn’t recognize this transaction that didn’t actually happen. Thanks.

Not sure why it says conflicted, but the transaction was never sent to the blockchain. Check your balance at live.reddcoin.com if they differ then try to do a “-rescan”

Let us know how you get on

1 Like

According to the explorer, my wallet address RjWJawXquvJyaZKH1Astz6RGmeg8kH52K5 does have those coins. Using -rescan changed nothing.

whatsabitworth out of curiosity, when you upgraded to the most recent wallet, what did you do?

1 Like

I used the Github bootstrap file and downloaded the 1.4.1.0 version. Ran the setup.exe and waited for the wallet to sync.
I had the wallet.dat saved and I tried to swap it, but that made no difference either.

whatsabitworth Okay. Hmm. raid5, would a privkeydump and then import into another Qt via the terminal do anything in this case? I’ve never heard of coins just locking up like that.

1 Like

Your wallet database contains and keeps the failed transaction:

This transaction can be removed by:

• Exporting the relevant private key(s) to a new wallet.dat and running a blockchain rescan. (the -rescan startup parameter)

or:

4 Likes

Problem solved. After a bit more reading I created a start.bat file with the following:

taskkill /F /IM reddcoin-qt.exe
reddcoin-qt.exe -rescan -salvagewallet

and the transaction was gone. Thanks for the help. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

whatsabitworth glad things worked out. Now go add an address to your reddcointalk tip button!!

2 Likes

glad to see it has been sorted :slight_smile: