Wallet backup issues.

So a week ago or so my wallet quit syncing after two full months of no issues. I saved a backup of my wallet to be safe, but after searching for solutions it seemed like backing up my computer was the best bet. This deleted my wallet app so I had to reinstall the reddcoin wallet. I downloaded the updated version and got it all synced up. But my backupwallet won’t load into the new wallet. I am wondering if anyone has any help they can give me or point me in the right direction. I know the address where all my coins were sent. I know the passpphrase used to lock my wallet. and I have the backupwallet.dat file. Thanks

You should be able to salvage your wallet with the -salvagewallet startup option,

ie: C:\Program Files\Reddcoin\reddcoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet C;\somefolder\backedupwallet.dat

I’m having the same issue too. not syncing. I was trying to transfer coins to exchange but its no block source available. I need help

lvtion salvage wallet command worked thank you so much

1 Like

no problem. that’s what I’m here for.

lvtion I tried running salvagewallet in the debug window of the wallet but all I get is cannot load and it gives me a Code 8. I’m not sure what that means.

larrabeb You have to run it when you start reddcoin-qt.

Open a command prompt window and try

C:\Program Files\Reddcoin\Reddcoin-qt.exe -salvagewallet C:\SOMEFOLDER\Wallet.dat

Assuming you’re on a 64 bit system, with 64 bit Reddcoin, and you know where your wallet is.

Some commands cannot be loaded from the debug window and must be given on the start of the program.

I’m getting a system cannot find the path specified message??!?!?! Thanks for trying to help!

larrabeb the default location of the qt wallet data folder on Windows referenced through the %appdata% system variable is “c:\users<username>\appdata\roaming” which contains the “reddcoin” folder which contains “wallet.dat”. Presuming you are using Windows try this, hold down the windows key on the left and at the same time press “R” which will bring up the “Open:” dialogue and type %appdata% then click ENTER and that should open up “c:\users\ \appdata\roaming” containing the reddcoin folder and within that your “wallet.dat” file. Provided that’s in order reddcoint-qt.exe shouldn’t have a problem finding wallet.dat when you run
“C:\Program Files\Reddcoin\reddcoin-qt.exe” -salvagewallet" from a shortcut.

I’m getting a “payment request file can not be read or processed. This can be caused by and invalid payment request file.” This is very frustrating.

lvtion hello, I am new to staking and RDD wallet. I am having issues with my Mac, I had to restart my computer and now my paraphrase is saying its incorrect. I am willing to pay if you are able to get me back into my wallet.

larrabeb, you may try to restore a previous version if you are on Windows, but do not use my command I posted above if you don’t know where your wallet file is.

If you want to try to use my command, you need to know where to find your wallet file.

The easiest way to find your wallet.dat file is to open a new Explorer window, and type in the address bar (or copy and paste):

%APPDATA%\..\Roaming\Reddcoin and press [ Enter ]

You should see your wallet.dat in there. Copy that file somewhere else for safe keeping. And please reply back with any other files that are in that folder. Such as peers.dat, and so on. It’s possible you may be able to restore a previous version of the wallet file before any issues occurred.

rands22 How did you copy your passphrase, and how did you create it? I use OS X (El Capitan, and High Sierra) and also have my wallet passphrase stored in my Keychain.

Please let me know how you originally created your passphrase and see if there were any spaces in it when you try to copy paste into the Reddcoin passphrase box.

I just used a phrase with certain numbers I like and names. Are you interested in helping me out by doing the search manually by taking over my computer and doing what you have to do? I am little pressed for time and also new to Mac computers so I don’t have much knowledge. Do you have an email address that u can possibly send me your phone number?