Wallet Crashing QT Client

Not sure why but my client is crashing. Mac is giving me errors. I have deleted and tried reinstalling it but no joy. I am backed up but just not sure what to do now.

Process: Reddcoin-Qt [508]
Path: /Applications/Reddcoin-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Reddcoin-Qt
Identifier: com.reddcoin.Reddcoin-Qt
Version: 1.4.1.0 (1.4.1.0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Reddcoin-Qt [508]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2015-01-21 10:22:48.099 +0000
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: EAA0B58C-3341-E6BB-35C8-1ABF126A7970

Time Awake Since Boot: 150 seconds

Crashed Thread: 13 bitcoin-loadblk

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (mapBlockIndex.count(hashSyncCheckpoint)), function CheckSync, file src/checkpoints.cpp, line 285.

Thunderbolt Bus:

Just redownloaded the client from Reddcoin and reinstalled itā€¦and it crashes again not sure what to do any advice welcome

For whatever reasonā€¦I have had to delete my user account on my Mac and move all my files and then reinstall the clientā€¦its currently catching up with the block chain. Once its synched I will reimport my back up and its back to staking

Nice to see so many replies when you have a problemā€¦:wink:

1 Like

Reddshift Many of us have full time day jobs. Iā€™m one of those people. I randomly pop on to check out the forum throughout the day, but I canā€™t have it on full time and wait for every new message to pop up. My bosses would frown upon thatā€¦ Also, this was created on posted about 5:30 AM EST. If there are west coast users of this forum, theyā€™re still sleeping, or headed out the door to go to work. Patience is a virtue and not all of us are morning peopleā€¦

3 Likes

Reddshift I think a lot of people were scared off by your wall of text from the crash log :slight_smile:

For future reference, deleting the Reddcoin-Qt.app is not enough to re-trigger a full blockchain resync. You also need to delete the stored app data files in (MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR WALLET.DAT FIRST):

~/Library/Application Support/Reddcoin

5 Likes

raid5 I am all backed up thank God but I was a bit confused by when I deleted the app using an app cleaner which is supposed to remove all hidden filesā€¦that reloading from a fresh DMG was still causing the App to crash on boot. What I wound up doing was creating another user and moving my files across and then deleting the original user. Then the app loaded from the DMG and started a re-synch. Its still doing that now on my other Macā€¦I am toying with abandoning itā€¦and just re-doing the client on this Mac and importing my last back up insteadā€¦but Iā€™ll see how it gets on overnight.
There is a THANK YOU in there in cased you missed it, Thanksā€¦problems are not really problems if you are backed upā€¦and I am so happy days indeed

raid5
Ok so the misery is finally overā€¦I had the time this evening to go to my laptop the first back up
I chose failedā€¦Salvage Wallet did not complete and the app closed. Back to the folder and removed that back up and grabbed another one and put that in and all is right in the world again staking and the balance appears to be correctā€¦soā€¦now is there anything else I need to check or ? Just back up again to multiple locationsā€¦and carry one?

Reddshift Glad to hear you got everything resolved! Yup, just keep a backup of your wallet.dat file in multiple secure locations.

raid5 This was so useful once againā€¦moving from 1 computer to anotherā€¦new clientā€¦found the folder removed the DATā€¦renamed itā€¦put my own wallet in and renamed itā€¦and its back to synching againā€¦
made sure I had 3 back ups first just in case but so far so goodā€¦

Reddshift Great, happy itā€™s been useful.

raid5 You may not see itā€¦but it really isā€¦Its a horrible feelingā€¦as you delete the old client and pray your 3 back ups are goodā€¦that little line of code made my life so much easierā€¦I tried ā€˜ā€˜show package contentsā€™ā€™ and of course found nothingā€¦its a great short cutā€¦now if you can teach me how to bootstrap the blockchain in one easy lessonā€¦LOL