wallet not syncing

ok, I know this seems to be answered on the other post, but I wasn’t sure what to do.
I haven’t got any active connections and its not syncing…can some one tell me what to do in a really simple way, like you was explaining it too your 80 year old granny.
Oh, and I want to load the new wallet 1.4.1…do you just upload it and it replaces the old one…I’m not usually such a plank…but these wallets scare me as I think I’m going to lose my magic beans…any help much appreciated…cheers

3dant what OS?

bmp02050 …Os?..is windows an answer…penny dropped, operating system…yep windows 7 64 bit…

3dant okay:

1. click your start menu
  2. type in %appdata% into the search box
  3. it will open /appdata/roaming
  4. Open your reddcoin folder
  5. take out the wallet.dat file and put it on your desktop
  6. delete the reddcoin folder
  7. download and install new reddcoin 1.4.1
  8. When the new wallet starts up, close it
  9. Open the reddcoin folder again (follow 2-4)
  10. Delete the wallet.dat file in the folder
  11. Drag and drop the wallet.dat file from your desktop to the new folder
  12. Restart reddcoin wallet

If that doesn’t connect still, you may have to add a reddcoin.conf file in the reddcoin folder with

rpcuser=someusername
rpcpassword=somepassword
addnode=178.62.12.187

cheers…this just get plopped into the main reddcoin folder

rpcuser=someusername
rpcpassword=somepassword
addnode=178.62.12.187

rpcuser=# someusername…am I supposed to replace this with my user name (can’t remember giving a username?
rpcpassword=somepassword…and this with my password.

as its still not syncing…but really well explained, a trained chimp could have followed them instructions…not having a go at a chimps intelligence.

3dant said:

cheers…this just get plopped into the main reddcoin folder

rpcuser=someusername
rpcpassword=somepassword
addnode=178.62.12.187

rpcuser=# someusername…am I supposed to replace this with my user name (can’t remember giving a username?
rpcpassword=somepassword…and this with my password.

as its still not syncing…but really well explained, a trained chimp could have followed them instructions…not having a go at a chimps intelligence.

Yes, just make up a username and password and restart the wallet again. Usually this part is for solo mining, but since we’re past the mining phase it’s more for if you have your own server and want to issue commands to your wallet from the outside interwebs.

Check out this too: https://www.reddcointalk.org/topic/539/my-reddcoin-wallet-has-no-connection-to-network-help/13

brill…its syncing, your a star…bit worried that its 65 weeks behind, and my proper total is not being shown…but hopefully that will sort its self out…once again, thanks for your help…I would tip you, but whats with that external protocol request when I click on tip bmp02050, is it easy to load up on rdd’s here to make it rain, probably not a heavy storm, just a slight drizzle…that’s it no more questions…cheers

3dant Calm your body… :wink:

The external request is because the tip button is written to open the Reddcoin wallet on your computer. There is a beta version of a browser wallet available that uses a seed to generate your information. Seems to work. You can use it to generate a wallet that you can put on any of your computers (work, home, office, laptop) and use google chrome (might be a few other possibilities, not sure) as a wallet. Then you can tip to anyone, anytime, from any computer that has your seed in the add-on. If you get that installed, you can send some RDD to your Browser Wallet and tip from that and get sent tips to that address.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/reddcoin-browser-wallet-b/alaadmjkbkmkhgdefdfeogneooblledf?hl=en

funny, when I re-read my message it does sound like I’m hyperventilating…but thanks to you Mr Bmp, I’m down to a steady reggae 75 bpm…do you like what I done there.

Once again thank you for your time/patience and help…oh yea everything is hunky dory

1 Like

3dant Don’t forget to thank Convertor as he helped too. I took the configuration info from him.

Can you give instructions on how to do this with a QT Wallet on a Mac. I WAS using wallet 1.4.1 –– It was freezing on a specific block when trying to sync.

Then I installed wallet 2.0 and it went past that block but it is freezing on another block and it says “no block source available”. This is going on for over a week now. I’ve closed and re-opened the wallet several times to no avail.

My main problem is that ALL of my RDD are stuck in the STAKE section… and there is nothing in the available (balance) section. Since the wallet never finishes syncing with the blockchain, I have no way to send RDD out of my wallet to somewhere else nor can I receive RDD into this wallet.

My Reddcoin are being held hostage in STAKE because the wallet never fully syncs.