Segregated Witness

BIP

We should be paying attention to all of these developments for the simple reason that BITCOIN as the first crypto currency is going to experience some of the same issues that we may all face moving forward. Taking a few minutes out to examine the state of the technology may help us avoid a misstep as we grow.

If one proposal excited attendees at the recent Scaling Bitcoin workshop in Hong Kong, Bitcoin Core and Blockstream, it was developer Dr. Pieter Wuille’s Segregated Witness. Praised by many within the technical community, Segregated Witness is expected to improve Bitcoin’s performance in a number of ways, while some even hope it might be the scaling solution that helps bring some peace back to the Bitcoin community.

Redshift
Very true, there is a lot of great stuff occurring. I have read comments by other developers and it seems to be growing as better solution.

They have had only a month to really look at this and I wonder if in practice its going to be the correct solution moving forward, I think the BIP101 or Xt proposal has the advantage in that its here and coded and working but the Core Dev’s seem to be dead set against adopting it regardless and are looking around for any other and I MEAN any other solution.
If this does not get sorted out soon…we may witness a collapse of a nature that damages BTC in a way that will be tough to recover from. ME? I like Reddcoin…Bitcoin is just a way for me to acquire what I need. I have yet to find a reason to go back to Fiat yet

Redshift I think there is always going to be contention. there are a lot of invested parties within the community.
The advantage to us is we can take a step back and monitor the outcomes.

Gnasher Well its Christmas…I am just running the clock out at work…looking forward to 2 weeks or so with NOTHING to do, no upgrades no installs no tech support of any kind.
I have done pretty much everything I can do this year… Hope the new baby is sleeping peacefully and that momma bear is getting her rest john…you know what they say…if mama bears not happy…aint nobody happy. We have another year ahead of us…heres hoping we get some more peace and love in the world.

Thanks Redshift
All is well in the home, Mum and Bub are very content.
They even give me enough time to work on aspects of Reddcoin.
Here’s looking to a brighter 2016. I am sure there are a few surprises yet