Stake problem ?

I have my coins in my wallet, but it says Not staking because you don’t have mature coins in your wallet.

Any help?

Your Coins have to sit in your wallet at least 24 hours for them to mature before you can stake them.

Oh okey… thanks a lot bud

I think it’s only 8 hours… Could be wrong, but I think it is. But either way, that’s why - leave it a little bit and soon the coins will mature and you will b staking them and helping the network :slight_smile:

Hey guys,
Not sure if I have the same issue -
I’ve been staking for more than a day already. Coins were matured two days ago and my mac has been on 24 hours long.

I’m running v2.0.0.0-71819f2-beta
Here are the details the wallet tells me:

Weight - slightly under 5 mil.
Expected to earn reward every 13 hours
Up to date: 2,004,083 blocks
Encrypted and unlocked
Connected to 8 peers

I just want to make sure I got everything right, and it’s normal for the initial stake to take a few days even though the wallet says every 13 hours.

Thanks guys!

futurist

Sounds good to me. Took me a little over 48 hours to get my 1st reward.

CoinChaos

CoinChaos

Thanks man! I’ll update when my first stake shows up =)

futurist

Cool lmk how it goes. You are helping setup this network.

Just wondering if its possible to stake your total balance… my wallet only ever stakes 50% of my total, is it possible to turn this up to say 90%?

PasCarbs I have only gotten 1 stake so I am new to this, but I only got a reward on like 75% of my balance. I think it has something to do with transactions and the change address that effects what is actually staking. I haven’t made any transactions this staking round so I will see if that effects it. Have you been making transactions?

i didn’t receive stalking profit after 1 week

CoinChaos Same… I noticed that when I sent tips my income was quicker and received
a lot more coins then when I didn’t tip.

Just thought I’d ask and see… would be great If we could stake what we’d like.

Got my first stake minted shortly after I posted yesterday.

One transaction - “Generated but not accepted”, then hours later another one appeared with a bit more coins, but same time stamp as the first one. This second one later got accepted. =)

Btw, once new coins come in the staking is stopped again for 8 hours? Mine went back to ’ Not minting … coins not mature’ .

Does this mean that the staking is paused when you receive tips as well? Or the staking catches up later and evens out overtime?

Here are some answers:

1. New coins mature in 8 hours from deposit

2. The coins used in a stake vary from the entire amount you own to very few depending on their coinage. If you have a wallet with one transaction in it for 100,000,000 RDD, you would see lots of stakes for small amounts. If you have multiple inputs for smaller amounts, you would see less frequent staking, but for greater amounts. In reality, it will still generate the same amount of interest over a year.

3. The estimated time to generate a stake is just that: An estimate. Time varies depending on a host of factors. There are a lot more people staking now than there were a month ago.

4. Generated But Not Accepted blocks are “orphans”, meaning the network saw at least one other block being generated at the same time and picked that one over yours based on a multitude of factors including internet speeds, geographic location, transactions, how many peers were connected and relayed the info, etc.

5. When you stake a block, the coins used in to generate that block have their coinage reset. If you used all coins to stake, they all will be reset and you’ll have to wait for 50 blocks + 8 hours for the new coins you minted to be available to stake with. Any new incoming transactions less than 8 hours old will not generate coinage, however the coins you already own that are greater than 8 hours old will continue to generate coinage, so fear not on receiving tips. It’s a good thing.

2 Likes

futurist

Congrats

Did you send me a tip? Because I got one last night and idk who it was from. If so thank you. Also when you send tips I think it does something to the coin age because of the change address. I haven’t used coin control so I just backup after every transaction, because it makes a new address after every transaction.

bmp02050

What a fantastic answer! Thanks so much for taking the time!

CoinChaos said in Stake problem ?:

futurist

Congrats

Did you send me a tip? Because I got one last night and idk who it was from. If so thank you. Also when you send tips I think it does something to the coin age because of the change address. I haven’t used coin control so I just backup after every transaction, because it makes a new address after every transaction.

Yes it was me haha. You’re welcome! =)

Tip Tip Bom Boom

Hi bmp02050. Could you please tell me how to check for 4) “orphans” using reddcoin-cli?

I started staking about 2 moths ago. Initially reddcoin-cli listtransactions returned new “stake” category entries around once a week, which was roughly in line with what the “expectedtime” of ./reddcoin-cli getstakinginfo predicted .

Over the last 5 weeks, however, I have seen the exprectedtime counter to expire repeatedly yet my balance has not increased.

./reddcoin-cli getstakinginfo shows that staking is “enabled”

Thanks.