State of the Redd-Nation :: Apr 11, 2016

Reddcoin Weekly Development Update

Welcome again Reddheads to another weekly update of Reddcoin Development.

The focus remains to be to push forward to get the new v2 wallet to a releasable version. There are now quite a few beta testers running the the latest build. I would like if those who have been able to do some testing to give some feedback to the experience.

Presently, I think we have most issues that were raised now resolved, and the beta is running very stably. What is waiting is for me to find some time to pull the updated language files down and compile the work into a new build.

The onus is on me, and unfortunately RL has taken me on an unexpected work path for this week. I am trying to fit some of the build process in whatever down time I can muster.

The final piece to the tasks involves getting the final switch-over testing complete.

So all in all, it is looking to be very close to being completed, and ready for general usage.

A couple of you have also taken the critical decision to provide some testing on mainnet (myself included). This testing is also proving to be successful, with the behaviour on the network as expected.

Translations

I am heartened by the increase in offering to do translations for the wallet. It is no easy task to allocate time to go through and identify what needs to be updated and to also put it into a context that is acceptable. One of the interesting side effects is the discussions that arise on how to promote Reddcoin in the geographic areas where those languages come from.

I lot of my decision making on selecting languages to update was done purely on the statistics of what countries are contributing most nodes.

With the browser wallet, when it comes time, it will also need to be translated to help promote into those regions.

I mentions during the last update that I think that we can leverage the work done by translators on BTC. I thinkthis can still be the case, but there is more work involved than first anticipated and it is not a simple case of doing a global replace. I am pushing the migration of these files down the activity list so that more focus can be made on the core functionality.

Of course your welcome to contribute to any other of the languages.
We currently have 60 languages on file, and you can add to this as needed

PM me if you are interested (we have already had some good starters)

ReddID Updates

Over the last week I have continued chipping away at some of the core functionality for ReddID, and refining what is already there. It remains a balancing act of prioritising as both the wallet and ReddID as both are important and much anticipated.

Getting involved

Some interesting discussions have come up in the last week, mostly people PM me with ideas, but it would be nice if these were also raised on the forum (either Reddit or Reddcointalk is fine) for a more broad community discussion. One of the great opportunities that presents itself is, it can trigger an idea in someone elses mind as to what they could do.

We are a global community, and cross many borders but boundaries do not need to hinder us.

The crypto currency world has not reached its tipping point yet, but when it does, it is sure to escalate at an amazing rate.

If you would like to get involved and dont know where to start, reach out and we will see where you can jump in

In Closing

This is a brief report this week. As I write this, the time is already passing midnight. My weekend was abruptly interrupted with a 9 hr flight to the Far East (for me it is actually the far west, but that is another story) for my other RL work activities. But even with that, we are achieving a little more each week.

So where ever you are, enjoy your week ahead

Keep on staking!