[Wallet] Official Release - Reddcoin Core v2.0.1.2

Dear Reddheads:

I am pleased to announce that the new v2.0.1.2 wallet is now officially released.

You can download pre-compiled binaries directly from our Github account or from the side-bar. Or if you prefer, you can compile directly from source.

Linux 32 & 64 bit
Windows 32 & 64 bit
OSx 64 bit
Updated bootstrap.dat (if needed)

Reddcoin 2.0.1.2 0 includes:

• additional dnsseed nodes across global locations (Europe, US, Asia)
  • resolve some compiler issues
  • fix some gitian build issues
  • Update debian installation instructions
  • improve layout of QT splash screen
  • typographical fixes

To Upgrade

While this version is fully backward compatible
First, make a copy (backup) of your existing wallet.dat and data folder

Where to find your Reddcoin data folder?

1. Windows: C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Reddcoin
  2. Mac: /Users/USER NAME/Library/Application Support/Reddcoin
  3. Linux:~/.reddcoin

Install Reddcoin Core software

1. Uninstall your old wallet
  2. Install your new wallet

If you follow this procedure, we should be able to help you further if the need arises.

The new wallet is compatible with the old blockchain files. There is no need to re-sync from the start.

Regards

Gnasher (John)

Nice! Wiill this affect my staking if I stop my current wallet? What about my other wallet that is still syncing?

I’m setting this up now!

Got it! Love it! Thank you Gnasher and the rest of the Reddcoin team!!!

Just updated: worked like a charm. (Windows 64 bits.) lvtion as far as I can tell: it won’t affect your staking. Just never forget your password :). Let the wallet that is still synching finish synching first. Seems like the smartest thing to do. Shouldn’t take too long. Couple of days at the most.

The main reason this excites me is because it proofs to all the ‘naysayers’ that there is still progress behind the scenes! Keep believing in the Reddcoin project!

Thanks for all your efforts Gnasher!

I did it! Upgrade was successfull and I am staking again with the new version! Thanks to the reddcoin Team!

Its working woohoo great work guys A+++++++++

Just joined

Hello, I’m new to the redheads. Tell me how to install the new version on Ubuntu on my Orange Pi. Thank you

Just a warning - Yobit deposit is on maintenance.
Do not send your coins to this exchange (ever).

Nice! Also new here. Will install the new version tonight.

Installing the new wallet does not appear to impact your previous staking time.

I still have the same weight and estimated reward time post-update.

Made a backup of my redd folder and just copyd the files from the zipfile into the redd folder. Thats it. Started the QT and everything works fine. The setup exe crashed.

Hello Gnasher,

I am on Windows10. When I installed the previous version of the wallet, I could not find the Reddcoin data folder in " C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Reddcoin" - therefore I was not able to bootstrap the blockchain data file. No worries I thought, I’ll just let it sync…it took several days but it did complete, but then when I tried to transfer coins I was holding in bittrex into my shiney new wallet, the transaction never completed, so the wallet never held anything. I am thinking I want to upgrade and try again, but once again, the Reddcoin data folder does not exist…what to do?

regards,
Bill

1 Like

bduran Update - I did go ahead and uninstall the old version, and install the new version - syncing happened very fast, therefore the data file must be somewhere else on the system. Note that there are no user accounts setup on this machine, only “blank”, “default”, and “Public”. That maybe why the data file ended up somewhere else…

Just upgraded to the new wallet, it’s forcing me to redownload the entire chain. Well it would, except it continually stops responding. Pretty sure it’s operator error. I followed the directions stated above, except the REDDCOIN file was not in the appdata file. Seems like I’m not the only one who couldn’t find theirs.

Any idea why it stops responding? Its not my antivirus, I know that much.

Edit: It seems to have fixed itself. Whatever. Now I’m just waiting to resync I guess.

vexus

hey there Vexus

Re installing another wallet I have had the same issue in fact I may be experiencing the same thing with my digibyte core wallet . I think it happened to me because I did not let the wallet shut down gracefully. Now it keeps losing connection to the network. You might have some luck if you add some more nodes in the consol using the add node. Command

Good luck

Thanks PD, I’ll give that a shot.

Newbie to Reddcoin. Have a question. I am about to buy Reddcoin and I want to transfer it to my Reddcoin wallet and start Staking/minting. The wallet I downloaded is what seems to be the latest version, but it is very basic (DOS looking) and has no mention of staking within the wallet. Do I have the right download?

orangevw please, send us screen shot when your wallet is open.